Posted to user@flink.apache.org by sidhant gupta <si...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/24 14:01:12 UTC

How jobmanager and task manager communicates with each other ?

Hi User

How jobmanager and task manager communicates with each other ? How to set
connection between jobmanager and task manager running in different/same
ec2 instance ? Is it http or tcp ? How the service discovery works ?

Thanks
Sidhant Gupta

Re: How jobmanager and task manager communicates with each other ?

Posted by Andrey Zagrebin <az...@apache.org>.
Hi Sidhant,

(1) If we are not using Flink's HA services then how we can dynamically
> configure task manager nodes to connect to job manager? Any suggestions or
> best practices?

Not sure what you mean by 'dynamically'.
I think you have to restart the task manager with the new configuration
to connect to another job manager.

(2) Which and how flink's HA service can be used for the service discovery
> of job manager ?

You can check the docs for the zookeeper implementation of the HA in Flink
[1]

Best,
Andrey

[1]