Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Tim Julien <tj...@limewire.com> on 2008/01/08 18:02:47 UTC

closing idle connections

Hello,

Any recommendations on closing idle connections?

I see there is:

org.apache.http.conn.ClientConnectionManager.closeIdleConnections(long)

(which is implemented in TSCCM and SCCM), but this method is not called
anywhere.

I am using core alpha 6 and client alpha 2.

Do I need to write my own periodic task to call closeIdleConnections?

thx!

-Tim

Re: closing idle connections

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 12:02 -0500, Tim Julien wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any recommendations on closing idle connections?
>
> I see there is:
>
> org.apache.http.conn.ClientConnectionManager.closeIdleConnections(long)
>
> (which is implemented in TSCCM and SCCM), but this method is not called
> anywhere.
>
> I am using core alpha 6 and client alpha 2.
>
> Do I need to write my own periodic task to call closeIdleConnections?

Hi Tim

We might provide a utility class at some point, but at the moment there
is no way around writing a custom task to periodically purge idle
connections. It should not be a massive undertaking, though.

Hope this helps

Oleg