Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2021/06/01 08:47:11 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Jena 4.1.0 RC 1

Hi,

Here is a vote on the release of Apache Jena 4.1.0.
This is the first proposed release candidate.

The deadline is Friday, 4 June 2021 at 12:00 UTC.

Please vote to approve this release:

         [ ] +1 Approve the release
         [ ]  0 Don't care
         [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

==== Major items in this release

* Fixes for IRI handling:
JENA-2097 : UUID IRIs cause RiotException
JENA-2094 : Valid IRI using @ Symbol causes error

JENA-2109 : jena-permissions update for Jena4.
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/permissions/index.html

RDF-star implementation - track community work

JENA-2089 : Datasets+RDFS
Integrated, data-centric RDFS support for RDF Datasets
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/rdfs/

Changes to Graph API:
JENA-2909 : Graph.stream(s,p,o)
JENA-2091 : Graph.add(s,p,o)

==== Changes for 4.1.0

See for JIRA tickets:
https://s.apache.org/jena-4.1.0-jira

==== Release Vote

Everyone, not just committers, is invited to test and vote.
Please download and test the proposed release.

Staging repository:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-1043

Proposed dist/ area:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena/

Keys:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/dist/KEYS

Git commit (browser URL):
   https://github.com/apache/jena/commit/b46c92106a

Git Commit Hash:
   b46c92106a369879978f95a100d117e79be04f55

Git Commit Tag:
   jena-4.1.0

This vote will be open until at least

     Friday, 4 June 2021 at 12:00 UTC.

If you expect to check the release but the time limit does not work
for you, please email within the schedule above with an expected time
and we can extend the vote period.

Thanks,

       Andy

Checking needed:

+ are the GPG signatures fine?
+ are the checksums correct?
+ is there a source archive?

+ can the source archive be built?
           (NB This requires a "mvn install" first time)
+ is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact
           (both source and binary artifacts)?
+ does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?
+ have any licenses of dependencies changed due to upgrades?
            if so have LICENSE and NOTICE been upgraded appropriately?
+ does the tag/commit in the SCM contain reproducible sources?

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.1.0 RC 1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with 3 +1's from Rob, Aaron and Andy.

Thanks

On to pushing the bytes out to the mirrors and repo1.

     Andy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.1.0 RC 1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
[x] +1 Approve the release

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.1.0 RC 1

Posted by Aaron Coburn <aa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified signatures and checksums
Verified that the source and git tag can be built (MacOS, Java 11.0.10)
Verified that the OSGi feature can be provisioned (Karaf 4.3.x)

Thanks for assembling this release,
Aaron

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.1.0 RC 1