Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Linda Derezinski <li...@sclrules.com> on 2000/02/07 21:10:20 UTC

Newbee how to get latest version of xalan

Hello all,
I'm a newbee to this site and  in the process of trying to replace the
Microsoft implementation of XML with xerces and xalan.  I have successfully
converted one program to the java xerces version 1.01 and now am trying the
xerces c++ and xalan c++ versions.

Using the TestXSLT -IN my.xml -XSL tdf.xsl -OUT outfile.i -TEXT results in
an almost empty file.

The question is am I making an newbee mistake in how to use the command line
options to testxslt?
Or do I need to get the current source code out of cvs ?

Thanks in advance.
Here are the short versions of the files:

My.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>

<DATABASE NAME="FUSE_TLM" xmnls="x-schema:sml.xml">
    <SECTION NAME="DB">
        <ULAS NAME="IDS_PACKET_STIME_SECONDS" ID="7">
            <rawValue>0</rawValue>
        </ULAS>
        <ULAS NAME="IDS_PACKET_STIME_SUBSECONDS" ID="8">
            <rawValue>0</rawValue>
        </ULAS>
    </SECTION>
</DATABASE>

tdf.xsl file::
<SML xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">
	<xsl:for-each select=".">
		<xsl:apply-templates select="/DATABASE/SECTION/*">
			<xsl:template match=".">

data <xsl:node-name/>,<xsl:value-of select="@ID"/>,"<xsl:value-of
select="@NAME"/>"
<xsl:apply-templates>

  <xsl:template match="comment()">
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*">
<xsl:for-each select="." >
<xsl:node-name/> = <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each >
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="ARRAY">
numRecords = <xsl:value-of select="@LENGTH" />
<xsl:apply-templates>
							<xsl:template
match="RECORD">

<xsl:apply-templates>
  <xsl:template match="comment()">
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*">
<xsl:for-each select=".">
<xsl:node-name/> = <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each >

</xsl:template>

</xsl:apply-templates>
							</xsl:template>
						</xsl:apply-templates>
					</xsl:template>
				</xsl:apply-templates>end <xsl:node-name/>
</xsl:template>
		</xsl:apply-templates>
	</xsl:for-each>
</SML>