Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Miguel Ping <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/31 16:20:51 UTC

Struts2 and Portlets + GWT

Hi all, this is my first post to struts2 mailing list :)

I'm using Struts2 and the gwt plugin by Musachy Barroso, in a portlet
project, and for the front end I'm using Google Web Toolkit (gwt). So I'm
using struts only for the actions, except for the 'default' action, which is
a jsp with struts taglibs.

In my portlet project, I have an action that implements the PrincipalAware
interface, that is the default action for my portlet. This action calls the
jsp. When I debug this action, I can see that the PrincipalProxy object is a
portlet proxy object; however all gwt calls to struts2 actions that
implement the PrincipalAware interface gives me only Serlver proxy objects.
I think that this happens because GWT calls the action directly, bypassing
the Jsr168Dispatcher. The action then 'thinks' that the request is a servlet
request instead of a portlet request.

My question is: how can I force all requests to pass by the Jsr168 request
dispatcher? I want to have access of portlet data in my actions, through GWT
calls.

Thanks In advance,
Miguel Ping

Re: Struts2 and Portlets + GWT

Posted by Miguel Ping <mi...@gmail.com>.
Err, a stupid question... where do I send the CLA? And I have to send it in
PDF format, right?

Re: Struts2 and Portlets + GWT

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts2 and Portlets + GWT

Posted by Miguel Ping <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts2 and Portlets + GWT

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Using the application scope, it shares the attributes with all
servlets and portlets in the same application (the same .war unit),
but it's still only visible to the user session. To get access to the
PortletSession, just use
PortletActionContext.getRequest().getPortletSession().

Re: Struts2 and Portlets + GWT

Posted by Miguel Ping <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts2 and Portlets + GWT

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.