Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Kevin Jones <ke...@develop.com> on 2000/02/24 17:01:43 UTC

Configuration questions

A couple of questions regarding configuration.

I'm using the latest overnight build (23rd Feb) on W2K.

If I create a .war file - I can put this file into tomcat\webapps and it is
automatically expanded and set up as a context. If I don't want to use
webapps as the apps directory, but some other directory, can I use the war
file in the same way?

Also - I have a directory tomcat\jweb, that contains my applications (hence
the question above), this is fine - I can access the applications through
Tomcat. I'm also using Apache, and I can browse to an application using
Apache. So if I have tomcat\simple\simple.htm then I can do
http://localhost/simple/simple.htm. However I've noticed that in the
(generated) tomcat-apache.conf file the 'simple' context is referenced like
this -

Alias /simple C:\tomcat/webapps/simple
ApJServMount /simple/servlet /simple
<Location /simple/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

This doesn't (seem to) break anything, but the referenced directory is wrong
it should be

Alias /simple C:\tomcat/jweb/simple
etc...

If I browse via Apache (so http://localhost/test) the welcome-file isn't