Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rhuiser <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/24 17:27:51 UTC

JBoss 5.1.2: Message driven beans are not bound into remote jndi

Greetings all!

I've been trying to connect an MDB (deployed to JBoss EAP 5.1.2) to ActiveMQ
5.5.1, but so far... no luck.

I am using the panacya-mdb-test-1.0.jar example (from
http://activemq.apache.org/jboss-integration.html) and tried to connect to
either an embedded or external ActiveMQ broker -- whatever I try, it always
ends up registering the SenderEJB successful, but all MDBs fail deployment
with the stack trace:

I've followed 1:1 the steps (as listed in the great eBook "ActiveMQ in
action"):

1. Extract under the JBoss deploy/activemq-ra.rar directory the RAR
(activemq-rar-5.5.1.rar)
2. Modify the ra.xml to use the ServerUrl vm://localhost and point to the
broker-config.xml config
3. Create an activemq-ds.xml under the JBoss deploy/ directory with content:

4. Test JBoss application server startup, verify the Broker starts (YES!!!)
and the resources are registered (YES!!!):

5. Modify the panacya-mdb-test-1.0.jar/META-INF/jboss.xml to refer to the
activemq-ra.rar:

6. Copied the modified panacya-mdb-test-1.0.jar to the JBoss deploy
directory
7. Start Jboss (./run.sh -c activemq2)
8. Everything goes fine until the MDBs are deployed, just after the message:

Please advice, we are seriously considering to use ActiveMQ for our banking
solution.

Thanks in advance,
Robin Huiser
Technical Architect Allshare Banking Solutions

Ps. The alternative could be using annotations, but we do not want to mix
application logic and deployment configuration in our source code.

Re: JBoss 5.1.2: Message driven beans are not bound into remote jndi

Posted by marnold <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robin,

I am also foolhardy enough to evaluate ActiveMQ and JBoss 5.1 (Redhat EAP
5.1.2) for our investment banking application...

The equivalent snippet from my log is:

2012-02-26 13:50:54,373 INFO  [org.jboss.resource.deployment.AdminObject]
(main) Bound admin object 'org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue' at
'*java:/*activemq/queue/tradeLifecycleEvents'

Note the 'java:' in the JNDI name.  An in my *ds.xml:

   <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.deployment.AdminObject"
name="activemq.queue:name=tradeLifecycleEvents">
      <attribute
name="JNDIName">*java:/*activemq/queue/tradeLifecycleEvents</attribute>
      <depends
optional-attribute-name="RARName">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='activemq-ra.rar'</depends>
      <attribute name="Type">javax.jms.Queue</attribute>
      <attribute
name="Properties">PhysicalName=queue.tradeLifecycleEvents</attribute>
   </mbean>

I'm pretty sure you just need to add 'java:/' to your JNDI name.

Re: JBoss 5.1.2: Message driven beans are not bound into remote jndi

Posted by rhuiser <ro...@gmail.com>.
I've found an article which deals with a similar issue (overrive MDB
configuration).
In jboss.xml when deleting  from the *<container-configuration>* section,
the MDBs connect succesful to ActiveMQ:

I do not know exactly what the impact is deleting this Metric plugin, I will
forward this question to the JBoss mailing list and will update this thread
with the link to the answer.