Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch> on 2008/04/20 12:09:10 UTC

issues with snapshot repo config in settings.xml

Hi,

I basically would like to have my site generated properly e.g. without
issues like http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-274 and also take
advantage of a few beta plugins e.g. dashboard plugin.

My problem is that I can't seem to find the optimal settings.xml repo
configuration. By trying different setups I run into every kind of problems
either one plugin component does not work or my build does not work at all
etc.

Right now I am trying to build my project with the setup shown in the
snippet below.

My question is can anyone recommend how to have the best compromise between
stability e.g. avoid issues like MSITE-274 and still be able to use
dashboard?

e.g. one of the big issues I have is that depending of what's in my
settings.xml I have to either build my project like:

NORMAL CASE: building as

$MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn clean install site -e -Dgenerate.ydoc=true
-Dgenerate.statsvn=true $*

WORST CASE SCENARIO: my project sub-modules are not correctly seen

# define the projects in the order the should be built
PROJECTS="perfectjpattern-api perfectjpattern-core perfectjpattern-j2ee
perfectjpattern-examples"

# start build process
$MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn -Pall clean
for project in `echo $PROJECTS`
do
  cd $project
  $MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn clean install -e
  cd ..
done
$MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn install site -e -Dgenerate.ydoc=true
-Dgenerate.statsvn=true $*

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Giovanni

In my settings.xml I have this default activated profile:

<profile>
   <id>Snapshots</id>
   <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>People Apache Repository</id>
        <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/</url>
        <snapshots>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
        </snapshots>
        <releases>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
        </releases>
      </repository>
   </repositories>
   <pluginRepositories>
      <Codehaus Snapshots>
        <id>Codehaus Snapshots</id>
        <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/</url>
        <snapshots>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
        </snapshots>
        <releases>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
        </releases>
      </pluginRepository>
      <pluginRepository>
        <id>People Apache Repository</id>
        <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/</url>
        <snapshots>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
        </snapshots>
        <releases>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
        </releases>
      </pluginRepository>
   </pluginRepositories>
</profile>

RE: issues with snapshot repo config in settings.xml

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
First thing, disable releases for those repos to speed up the build a
bit. Second, if you are using the snapshot repositories, you really
should lock down the versions of your plugins, otherwise you may end up
with a bunch of snapshots that you didn't intend. You can see more about
how to do this here:
http://blogs.sonatype.com/brian/2008/04/10/1207873624557.html