Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2020/04/03 19:36:59 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release httpd-2.4.43

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 8:41 PM Jan Ehrhardt <ph...@ehrhardt.nl> wrote:

> William A Rowe Jr in gmane.comp.apache.devel (Mon, 30 Mar 2020 09:01:07
> -0500):
> >I'm making no attempt to build against the no-longer-supported msldap API
> >nor openldap which doesn't support building on windows.
>
> Maybe I am missing the point, but at least OpenLDAP 2.4.47 builds fine
> on Windows: https://github.com/winlibs/openldap
> OpenLDAP 2.4.49 is the newest version, but that version is only a year
> and a month newer the 2.4.47.

I'll research - I'd added openldap on a mostly experimental basis for use
on unix,
it isn't included by default on either unix or win32. If one doesn't
rebuild openldap
against the current openssl, these system openldap's dependency on the
system
openssl collides against current httpd/apr-util's openssl. Thanks for the
pointer.

> My own builds of httpd-2.4.43 link to the Windows system library
> wldap32.lib. I guess Apachelounge does the same for building
> apr_ldap-1.dll as part of apr-util 1.6.1.

Yup, wldap32 may not be supported by APR, but is still the default, and the
respective CMake defaults for win32 continue to utilize this from apr-util
1.6.1
and httpd-2.4.x. At one point I had an openldap based fork but only took
that
as far as openldap 2.3.x before I'd set that aside and rebased on the
projects'
default choices for windows.