Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by hatem zanaty <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/30 11:27:17 UTC

Servlet initializing parameters does not work

Hi Guys

I have :
windows 2000 Server
jdk 1.3 se
Tomcat 4.0.3

I'm trying the init(ServletConfig config) but no Initial values take
effect from deployment descriptor

I tried the following:
1. reading a book about configuring and installing tomcat for james
Goddwill
2. restarting the Tomcat
3. taking a copy of the the web.xml in the conf directory and chainging
it then restarting the server

the situation :

Tomcat doesn't sense the <init-param> tag in the servlet tag in the
deployment descriptor
but without any result

can any one tell me about documents, books Sites , tutorials that can
help or take a look at the code below  and till me what is wrong

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>
<servlet>
  <servlet-name>ShowMsg</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>ch2.ShowMessage</servlet-class>

  <init-param>
    <param-name>message</param-name>
    <param-value>shibboleth</param-value>
  </init-param>

  <init-param>
    <param-name>repeats</param-name>
    <param-value>5</param-value>
  </init-param>
   </servlet>
</web-app>

Thanx

Hatem Gamal

Yahoo! Greetings - send greetings for Easter,  Passover