Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ramon Buckland <no...@thebuckland.com> on 2006/08/02 11:52:23 UTC

component is not owner

Hi peoples,

We are getting the weirdest error with servicemix-bpe.

The exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: component is not owner
Full stack trace is below.

We are sending a request via SOAP in the following manner

SOAPClient --> httpbinding --> bpe

   bpe then does
   receive : (from httpbinding)
   invoke : xslt
   invoke : custom component1
   invoke : custom component2
   reply : (to httpbinding)

It seems to be that at the first invoke to the "custom component1"
we are getting the following exception and
the request doesn't actually make it out of bpe.

What could be a cause of this exception (and what does it mean ? :-)

Any light to be shed will be great. Thanks
Ramon

java.lang.IllegalStateException: component is not owner^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.MessageExchangeImpl.setProperty(MessageExchangeImpl.java:362)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.send(DeliveryChannelImpl.java:407)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.bpe.external.JbiInvokeAction.execute(JbiInvokeAction.java:244)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.action.bpel.ExternalServiceAction.execute(ExternalServiceAction.java:230)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.bpe.external.JbiExternalAction.execute(JbiExternalAction.java:128)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.engine.ProcessInstance.executeActions(ProcessInstance.java:359)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.engine.ProcessInstance.evaluate(ProcessInstance.java:325)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.engine.ProcessInstance.evaluate(ProcessInstance.java:414)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.engine.ProcessInstance.processInternalEvent(ProcessInstance.java:254)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.engine.ProcessInstance.processEvent(ProcessInstance.java:209)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.correlation.CorrelationService.createInstanceAndRoute(CorrelationService.java:230)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.correlation.CorrelationService.correlateEvent(CorrelationService.java:337)^M
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.bped.unmanaged.EventDirectorSLImpl.sendEvent(EventDirectorSLImpl.java:116)^M
        at org.apache.servicemix.bpe.BPEEndpoint.process(BPEEndpoint.java:138)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.processExchange(AsyncBaseLifeCycle.java:397)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseLifeCycle.onMessageExchange(BaseLifeCycle.java:42)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound(DeliveryChannelImpl.java:622)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.AbstractFlow.doRouting(AbstractFlow.java:168)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.jms.JMSFlow.access$301(JMSFlow.java:72)^M
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.jms.JMSFlow$5.run(JMSFlow.java:534)^M
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:291)^M
        at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)^M
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)^M

Re: component is not owner

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Re-reading the code, I do not see any error on the use of the JBI api.
Given the stack trace, the request is sent (it seems to be an InOut, right
?)
and the answer is received.  The exception is thrown when the
bpe-component try to send a DONE or ERROR exchange.

The thing I do not understand, is that the error means that the exchange is
not
owned by the component.  It means that the exchange has been sent, but the
answer not received ... and I do not see how this can happen, because in
such
a case, the exchange status is set to ERROR by the sendSync call or an
exception
is thrown.

Could you send the log output, please ?

--