Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Roytman, Alex" <ro...@peacetech.com> on 2000/07/19 21:20:28 UTC

RE: Tomcat benchmarks from orionserver.com, Please comment. Impor tant

<I think that performance is over-stated here, though.  If performance was
<our number-one goal we would not be using Java at all"

Sorry, can't agree with it. Performance is important
And we are not talking about Java vs. C++ we are talking about different
implementations of the same specs.
I trust, as Tim Kientzle said, Tomcat will catch up with other
implementations as far as performance is concerned. I wonder if 3.2 is
already better than 3.1? :-)