Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ken Egervari <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/07 19:23:00 UTC

How do you get Intellij IDEA to exclude the filtering of large files listed in the maven pom?

I keep getting this error whenever I run unit tests in IntelliJ IDEA:

*/home/egervari/IdeaProjects/jobprep-stable/src/main/resources/dict/noun.txt
*

*Maven: File is too big to be filtered. Most likely it is a binary file and
should be excluded from filtering.*

The thing is, I do explicitly exclude this file:

    <filters>
        <filter>src/main/filters/environment.${env}.properties</filter>
    </filters>

    <resources>
        <resource>
            <filtering>true</filtering>
            <excludes>
                <exclude>src/main/resources/dict**</exclude>
            </excludes>
        </resource>
    </resources>

Is my pom.xml written incorrectly? How do I get IDEA to honor what I
actually wrote?

Basically what I want to achieve is make everything in that resources
directory part of the classpath, but I only want to filter
applicationContext.xml. Basically, I want maven/idea to not touch the other
files, because there is 20 meg in there easily.

Is there any way to do this? Thanks!
Ken