Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2008/09/01 12:46:35 UTC

Re: FOPNGSerializer, user-config and locationmaps

Den 27. aug. 2008 kl. 12.47 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

>> But the basic issue is that I don't want to commit, because I know I
>> would break PDF functionality in dispatcher - but I won't get any
>> feedback if I don't commit. A separate branch could be overkill, and
>> dispatcher is in the whiteboard... Would broken PDF functionality for
>> dispatcher be ok through a short period of time? (some days or so)?

That estimate might be optimistic, but I'll try to keep the period
short. Having more eyes and coding fingers might as well help to
resolve the issues quicker:)

> If is not possible to do the commit without breaking the dispatcher it
> seems acceptable. However we need to make sure that we disable the
> forrestbot on zones for the dispatcher site meanwhile otherwise we
> will
> get again a flood of build fail messages.

Yes, we will.

Could you turn off the relevant zones for the time being? After that I
should soon be able to commit what I have (an impmroved, working,
skins-based pdf plugin).

Best regards,
Sjur

Re: FOPNGSerializer, user-config and locationmaps

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Den 2. sep. 2008 kl. 03.17 skrev David Crossley:

> I switched that cron job off now. The skins-based one will
> still be operating.

Thanks.

I will start committing now, first some small preparatory commits, and
then one big commit that will update the pdf plugin in one step. This
large update is needed not to risk breaking pdf functionality.

As noted, pdf functionality in dispatcher will be broken after this
commit, but hopefully it can be restored within short.

Best regards,
Sjur

Re: FOPNGSerializer, user-config and locationmaps

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler:

> > That estimate might be optimistic, but I'll try to keep the period
> > short. Having more eyes and coding fingers might as well help to
> > resolve the issues quicker:)
> >
> > > If is not possible to do the commit without breaking the dispatcher it
> > > seems acceptable. However we need to make sure that we disable the
> > > forrestbot on zones for the dispatcher site meanwhile otherwise we
> > > will
> > > get again a flood of build fail messages.
> >
> > Yes, we will.
> >
> > Could you turn off the relevant zones for the time being?
>
> Hmm, I am mainly working at work ATM and will not be able to connect to
> zones from here (cooperate firewall). AFAIR Gavin looked into the
> forrestbot config on our zones lately that David had setup. You can find
> some thread around this in our archive.
>
> > After that I
> > should soon be able to commit what I have (an impmroved, working,
> > skins-based pdf plugin).
> >

> looking forward to it.

Sorry, i was away.

I switched that cron job off now. The skins-based one will
still be operating.

-David

Re: FOPNGSerializer, user-config and locationmaps

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 13:46 +0300, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Den 27. aug. 2008 kl. 12.47 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
>
> >> But the basic issue is that I don't want to commit, because I know I
> >> would break PDF functionality in dispatcher - but I won't get any
> >> feedback if I don't commit. A separate branch could be overkill, and
> >> dispatcher is in the whiteboard... Would broken PDF functionality for
> >> dispatcher be ok through a short period of time? (some days or so)?
>
> That estimate might be optimistic, but I'll try to keep the period
> short. Having more eyes and coding fingers might as well help to
> resolve the issues quicker:)
>
> > If is not possible to do the commit without breaking the dispatcher it
> > seems acceptable. However we need to make sure that we disable the
> > forrestbot on zones for the dispatcher site meanwhile otherwise we
> > will
> > get again a flood of build fail messages.
>
> Yes, we will.
>
> Could you turn off the relevant zones for the time being?

Hmm, I am mainly working at work ATM and will not be able to connect to
zones from here (cooperate firewall). AFAIR Gavin looked into the
forrestbot config on our zones lately that David had setup. You can find
some thread around this in our archive.

> After that I
> should soon be able to commit what I have (an impmroved, working,
> skins-based pdf plugin).

looking forward to it.

salu2