Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Paul Erion <p_...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/29 00:10:14 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError for org.xml.sax.ContentHandler

I've been staring at this problem for a while now and I can't
figure it out ... the worst part of it I have a sneaky suspicion
that I'm just being brain dead.

I've got a class "MyParserDriver" (that delegates to the Xerces
parser) and one of its methods is:

    public void setContentHandler( ContentHandler handler ) {}

(note: it doesn't matter the contents of the body, an empty body
still causes me grief)

I have another class "MyContentHandler" that implements the
"org.xml.sax.ContentHandler" interface.

Now, from a method in a third class I create my driver

    MyParserDriver driver  = new MyParserDriver();
    ContentHandler handler = new MyContentHandler();

    driver.setContHandler( handler );

Everything compiles fine.  I put the application jar file,
"xercesImpl.jar", and "xmlParserAPIs.jar" in the same directory
and then from that directory ...

    java -jar -classpath ".;xmlParserAPIs.jar;xercesImpl.jar" App.jar

and I get the following error:

        org/xml/sax/ContentHandler

I'm using Win2K Pro, JDK 1.3.1_02, and Xerces-J 2.0.0 beta 4

Might anyone have a clue what silly thing I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

:Paul