Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Groot, Mathijs de (IDT Competence Java)" <ma...@logica.com> on 2011/10/28 09:54:40 UTC

Application Home page - Firefox issue

Hi,

I've a really strange problem with my home page when using Firefox (3.6.32).
I'm currently using Wicket version 1.5.2

When typing in a textField, the model object is always null when submitted!

This is only the case when my Page is my application home page, and only with Firefox.
(thus: When it is not my application home page, or using Chrome or IE it is working fine).

I think it's a bug in Wicket...

Can someone help me?
Or should I just create a new Wicket a bug report?

A example that will reproduce this issue:
You will see that [input] is always null in Firefox (3.6)!

public class TestPage extends WebPage {
    private static final long serialVersionUID = 5676036334073650103L;
    private String input;

    public TestPage() {
        final Label label = new Label("label", "start, rendered # " + getRenderCount());
        add(label);
        final Form<String> form = new Form<String>("form", new PropertyModel<String>(this, "input")) {
            private static final long serialVersionUID = -8888949169730520245L;

            @Override
            public void onSubmit() {
                label.setDefaultModelObject("input = [" + input + "] rendered # " + getRenderCount());
            }
        };
        add(form);
        form.add(new TextField<String>("input", new PropertyModel<String>(this, "input")));
        form.add(new SubmitLink("submit"));
    }
}

NB: Make sure the following is in your WebApplication

    @Override
    public Class<? extends Page> getHomePage() {
        return TestPage.class;
    }

Corresponding Mark-up:

<head>
<title>[Application Title]</title>
</head>
   <form wicket:id="form" action="#" method="post">
    <input wicket:id="input" type="text" class="textfield" />
   </form>

Best regards,

Mathijs

Think green - keep it on the screen.

Re: Application Home page - Firefox issue

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Create a quickstart and attach it to Jira.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,