Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Raman Sandhu <ra...@adeptia.com> on 2005/05/24 09:51:59 UTC

JAAS Configration

Hi

I have integrated Slide with Jetty. I have followed all the steps given at
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-jaas.html.

Now I am getting following error.

HTTP ERROR: 500 org.mortbay.jaas.JAASUserRealm.authenticate.

13:06:41.593 WARN!! GET /slide/ HTTP/1.1

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.mortbay.jaas.JAASUserRealm.disassociate(Lorg/mortbay/http/UserPrincipal;
)V

            at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1732)

            at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:790)

            at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:952)

            at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:807)

            at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:196)

            at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:289)

            at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:487)

13:06:52.546 WARN!! Error for /slide/

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.mortbay.jaas.JAASUserRealm.authenticate(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Obj
ect;Lorg/mortbay/http/HttpRequest;)Lorg/mortbay/http/UserPrincipal;

            at
org.mortbay.http.BasicAuthenticator.authenticated(BasicAuthenticator.java:50
)

            at
org.mortbay.http.SecurityConstraint.check(SecurityConstraint.java:415)

            at
org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.checkSecurityConstraints(HttpContext.java:1518)

            at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHttpContext.checkSecurityConstraints(Servle
tHttpContext.java:134)

            at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl
er.java:235)

            at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)

            at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1776)

            at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext
.java:514)

            at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1726)

            at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:790)

            at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:952)

            at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:807)

            at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:196)

            at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:289)

            at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:487)

thanks

Raman

RE: JAAS Configration

Posted by Raman Sandhu <ra...@adeptia.com>.
Yes I am able to solve the issue using jetty JAAS jar version 4.2.24.
Important is using same version of jetty JAAS jar. Downloaded that jar from
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jetty

Thanks
Raman
Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>.

RE: JAAS Configration

Posted by Raman Sandhu <ra...@adeptia.com>.
Yes Unico

I am following the same document but not able to setup successfully. For
Jetty I am using version 4.2. and just have taken jar for JAAS from version
5 which may be one issue. I will try with version 4.2 jar.

But one thing I m not able to understand why my login module is not called.
Even if I change the name of login module it still does not give any
exception.

Thanks
Raman

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>.

Both the implementation and the documentation for using JAAS in Jetty
was written against the 4.2.x version of Jetty. Perhaps something has
been changed in Jetty 5. Are you using that version? At first sight it
looks to me to be a problem in Jetty but I haven't researched enough to
be sure. Try searching the Jetty mail archives first.

Also check the Jetty documentation for JAAS at
http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/plus/index.html (scroll to the bottom of
the page) if the Slide documentation on JAAS is still valid.

- --
Unico

RE: JAAS Configration