Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by buckofive <kl...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/04 07:34:33 UTC

[T5] 5.0.7 - Help with log4j.properties file

Hi all,

I'm stuck at the moment trying to get log4j to log any 3rd party libraries.
It seems to work fine for classes within my web project(ie page classes
etc.) and if I set the root level to debug I get what looks like mostly  web
container statements.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is a very basic version of my log4j.properties file:

[code]
log4j.rootCategory=WARN, A1

# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=[%p] %c{1} %m%n

log4j.category.org.apache.tapestry.TapestryFilter=info
log4j.category.org.apache.tapestry=error
log4j.category.tapestry=error

log4j.category.com.jpa=error

# Service category names are the name of the defining module class
# and then the service id.
log4j.category.com.jpa.services.AppModule.TimingFilter=info

log4j.category.org.hibernate=debug

[/code]

Whats weird is these settings works fine in a non-tapestry application.  I
created my project with the tapestry 5.0.7 archetype and my file is located
in <project>\src\main\resources\log4j.properties.  Am I missing something or
doing something wrong?

thanks in advance,

Re: [T5] 5.0.7 - Help with log4j.properties file

Posted by buckofive <kl...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,
Thank you for the responses.

I'm a little better but still not there.  As you can see my log starts off
good but once tapestry is initialized there are no more logs generated from
hibernate or spring.   At the very end you can see where my DAO
(SubjectDAO.java) fetches some records from the db, and then only logs from
my DAO are generated.  Any ideas?

Here is my start up log:

launching Jetty webapp: /jpa on address: 0.0.0.0:8080 using dir:
[S:\Java\workspaces_eclipse6\companies\jpa-test\src\main\webapp]
22:15:32.312 INFO   [main] org.mortbay.log.LogImpl.add(LogImpl.java:109)
>16> added org.mortbay.log.OutputStreamLogSink@1113622
22:15:32.265 INFO   [main] org.mortbay.log.LogImpl.reset(LogImpl.java:228)
>11> reset
22:15:32.312 INFO   [main] org.mortbay.log.LogImpl.add(LogImpl.java:109)
>11> added org.mortbay.log.OutputStreamLogSink@102799c
22:15:32.968 INFO   [main]
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:178)
>09> Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started
22:15:33.046 INFO   [main]
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.prepareRefresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:378)
>12> Refreshing
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext@1b01afa:
display name [Root WebApplicationContext]; startup date [Tue Jan 08 22:15:33
PST 2008]; root of context hierarchy
22:15:33.234 INFO   [main]
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:303)
[applicationContext.xml]
22:15:34.109 INFO   [main]
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:393)
>12> Bean factory for application context
[org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext@1b01afa]:
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@1b82d69
22:15:34.359 INFO   [main]
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext$BeanPostProcessorChecker.postProcessAfterInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1006)
>21> Bean 'org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator' is not
eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not
eligible for auto-proxying)
22:15:34.390 INFO   [main]
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:276)
>12> Pre-instantiating singletons in
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@1b82d69:
defining beans
[entityManagerFactory,transactionManager,org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor,SubjectDAO,StudentDAO];
root of factory hierarchy
22:15:34.437 INFO   [main]
org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean.createNativeEntityManagerFactory(LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:76)
>21> Building JPA EntityManagerFactory for persistence unit 'jpaTestPU'
22:15:34.562 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.Version.<clinit>(Version.java:15) >26>
Hibernate Annotations 3.3.0.GA
22:15:34.625 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.Environment.<clinit>(Environment.java:514) >30> Hibernate
3.2.5
22:15:34.656 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.Environment.<clinit>(Environment.java:547) >30>
hibernate.properties not found
22:15:34.656 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.Environment.buildBytecodeProvider(Environment.java:681)
>31> Bytecode provider name : cglib
22:15:34.671 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.Environment.<clinit>(Environment.java:598) >30> using JDK
1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
22:15:34.906 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.ejb.Version.<clinit>(Version.java:15) >25> Hibernate
EntityManager 3.3.1.GA
22:15:35.515 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.bindClass(AnnotationBinder.java:398) >32>
Binding entity from annotated class: com.jpa.db.Subject
22:15:35.656 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.EntityBinder.bindTable(EntityBinder.java:420)
>33> Bind entity com.jpa.db.Subject on table subject
22:15:35.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.bindClass(AnnotationBinder.java:398) >32>
Binding entity from annotated class: com.jpa.db.Student
22:15:35.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.EntityBinder.bindTable(EntityBinder.java:420)
>33> Bind entity com.jpa.db.Student on table student
22:15:36.203 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.CollectionBinder.bindOneToManySecondPass(CollectionBinder.java:627)
>35> Mapping collection: com.jpa.db.Subject.students -> student
22:15:36.234 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.validator.Version.<clinit>(Version.java:17) >36> Hibernate
Validator 3.0.0.GA
22:15:36.406 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:41)
>31> Using Hibernate built-in connection pool (not for production use!)
22:15:36.406 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:42)
>31> Hibernate connection pool size: 20
22:15:36.406 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:45)
>31> autocommit mode: true
22:15:36.421 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:80)
>31> using driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver at URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost/
22:15:36.421 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:86)
>31> connection properties: {user=root, autocommit=true, release_mode=auto}
22:15:36.828 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:89)
>28> RDBMS: MySQL, version: 4.1.11-nt-max
22:15:36.843 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:90)
>28> JDBC driver: MySQL-AB JDBC Driver, version: mysql-connector-java-3.1.8
( $Date: 2005/04/14 20:36:13 $, $Revision: 1.27.4.64 $ )
22:15:36.921 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect.<init>(Dialect.java:152) >40> Using dialect:
org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.transaction.TransactionFactoryFactory.buildTransactionFactory(TransactionFactoryFactory.java:34)
>30> Transaction strategy: org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransactionFactory
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookupFactory.getTransactionManagerLookup(TransactionManagerLookupFactory.java:33)
>30> No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of
read-write or transactional second-level cache is not recommended)
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:143)
>28> Automatic flush during beforeCompletion(): disabled
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:147)
>28> Automatic session close at end of transaction: disabled
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:154)
>28> JDBC batch size: 15
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:157)
>28> JDBC batch updates for versioned data: disabled
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:162)
>28> Scrollable result sets: enabled
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:170)
>28> JDBC3 getGeneratedKeys(): enabled
22:15:36.937 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:178)
>28> Connection release mode: auto
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:202)
>28> Maximum outer join fetch depth: 2
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:205)
>28> Default batch fetch size: 1
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:209)
>28> Generate SQL with comments: disabled
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:213)
>28> Order SQL updates by primary key: disabled
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:217)
>28> Order SQL inserts for batching: disabled
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createQueryTranslatorFactory(SettingsFactory.java:386)
>29> Query translator: org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory.<init>(ASTQueryTranslatorFactory.java:24)
>36> Using ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:225)
>28> Query language substitutions: {}
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:230)
>28> JPA-QL strict compliance: enabled
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:235)
>28> Second-level cache: enabled
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:239)
>28> Query cache: disabled
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createCacheProvider(SettingsFactory.java:373)
>29> Cache provider: org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:254)
>28> Optimize cache for minimal puts: disabled
22:15:36.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:263)
>28> Structured second-level cache entries: disabled
22:15:36.984 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:290)
>28> Statistics: disabled
22:15:36.984 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:294)
>28> Deleted entity synthetic identifier rollback: disabled
22:15:36.984 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:309)
>28> Default entity-mode: pojo
22:15:36.984 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:313)
>28> Named query checking : enabled
22:15:37.109 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:161)
>27> building session factory
22:15:37.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryObjectFactory.addInstance(SessionFactoryObjectFactory.java:82)
>28> Not binding factory to JNDI, no JNDI name configured
22:15:37.953 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:115) >28>
Running hbm2ddl schema update
22:15:37.968 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:126) >28>
fetching database metadata
22:15:37.984 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:138) >28>
updating schema
22:15:38.000 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.TableMetadata.<init>(TableMetadata.java:39) >31>
table found: school.student
22:15:38.000 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.TableMetadata.<init>(TableMetadata.java:40) >31>
columns: [subject_id, rank, name, id]
22:15:38.000 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.TableMetadata.<init>(TableMetadata.java:42) >31>
foreign keys: [fk8ffe823b765afb37, fk_subject_id, fk8ffe823b643508aa]
22:15:38.000 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.TableMetadata.<init>(TableMetadata.java:43) >31>
indexes: [primary, fk8ffe823b765afb37, fk8ffe823b643508aa]
22:15:38.015 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.TableMetadata.<init>(TableMetadata.java:39) >31>
table found: school.subject
22:15:38.015 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.TableMetadata.<init>(TableMetadata.java:40) >31>
columns: [name, id]
22:15:38.015 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.TableMetadata.<init>(TableMetadata.java:42) >31>
foreign keys: []
22:15:38.015 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.TableMetadata.<init>(TableMetadata.java:43) >31>
indexes: [primary]
22:15:38.015 INFO   [main]
org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:160) >28>
schema update complete
22:15:38.406 INFO   [main]
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:198)
>09> Root WebApplicationContext: initialization completed in 5438 ms
[INFO] TapestryFilter Startup status:

Startup time: 625 ms to build IoC Registry, 2,078 ms overall.

Startup services status:

AjaxComponentActionRequestHandler: DEFINED

AjaxComponentEventResultProcessor: DEFINED

AjaxPartialResponseRenderer: DEFINED

Alias: REAL

AliasOverrides: REAL

ApplicationDefaults: VIRTUAL

ApplicationGlobals: REAL

ApplicationInitializer: REAL

ApplicationStateManager: DEFINED

ApplicationStatePersistenceStrategySource: DEFINED

AssetObjectProvider: REAL

AssetSource: VIRTUAL

BeanBlockSource: DEFINED

BeanModelSource: DEFINED

BindingSource: DEFINED

ChainBuilder: VIRTUAL

ClassFactory: BUILTIN

ClassNameLocator: REAL

ClasspathAssetAliasManager: DEFINED

ClasspathAssetFactory: DEFINED

ClientPersistentFieldStorage: DEFINED

ClientPersistentFieldStrategy: DEFINED

ComponentActionRequestHandler: DEFINED

ComponentClassFactory: VIRTUAL

ComponentClassResolver: REAL

ComponentClassTransformWorker: DEFINED

ComponentClassTransformer: VIRTUAL

ComponentDefaultProvider: DEFINED

ComponentEventResultProcessor: DEFINED

ComponentInstanceResultProcessor: DEFINED

ComponentInstantiatorSource: REAL

ComponentInvocationMap: DEFINED

ComponentMessagesSource: DEFINED

ComponentSource: DEFINED

ComponentTemplateSource: VIRTUAL

Context: DEFINED

ContextAssetFactory: DEFINED

CookieSink: DEFINED

CookieSource: DEFINED

Cookies: DEFINED

DataTypeAnalyzer: DEFINED

DefaultDataTypeAnalyzer: DEFINED

DefaultImplementationBuilder: VIRTUAL

Environment: VIRTUAL

EnvironmentalShadowBuilder: DEFINED

ExceptionAnalyzer: DEFINED

ExceptionTracker: DEFINED

FactoryDefaults: VIRTUAL

FieldValidationSupport: DEFINED

FieldValidatorDefaultSource: DEFINED

FieldValidatorSource: DEFINED

FormSupport: DEFINED

HttpServletRequestHandler: VIRTUAL

InjectionProvider: DEFINED

LinkFactory: VIRTUAL

LocalizationSetter: DEFINED

LocationRenderer: DEFINED

LoggerSource: BUILTIN

LoggingDecorator: DEFINED

MarkupRenderer: DEFINED

MarkupWriterFactory: DEFINED

MasterDispatcher: DEFINED

MasterObjectProvider: REAL

MetaDataLocator: DEFINED

ObjectRenderer: DEFINED

PageElementFactory: DEFINED

PageLoader: DEFINED

PageMarkupRenderer: DEFINED

PagePool: DEFINED

PageRenderQueue: DEFINED

PageRenderRequestHandler: DEFINED

PageRenderSupport: DEFINED

PageResponseRenderer: DEFINED

PageTemplateLocator: DEFINED

PartialMarkupRenderer: DEFINED

PersistentFieldManager: DEFINED

PersistentLocale: DEFINED

PipelineBuilder: REAL

PropBindingFactory: DEFINED

PropertyAccess: VIRTUAL

PropertyConduitSource: DEFINED

PropertyShadowBuilder: VIRTUAL

RegistryShutdownHub: BUILTIN

RegistryStartup: REAL

Request: VIRTUAL

RequestEncodingInitializer: DEFINED

RequestExceptionHandler: DEFINED

RequestGlobals: VIRTUAL

RequestHandler: DEFINED

RequestPageCache: VIRTUAL

ResourceCache: DEFINED

ResourceDigestGenerator: DEFINED

ResourceStreamer: DEFINED

Response: VIRTUAL

ServiceActivityScoreboard: BUILTIN

ServiceLifecycleSource: DEFINED

ServletApplicationInitializer: REAL

StrategyBuilder: VIRTUAL

StudentDAO: DEFINED

SubjectDAO: DEFINED

SymbolSource: REAL

TemplateParser: DEFINED

ThreadCleanupHub: BUILTIN

ThreadLocale: VIRTUAL

TimingFilter: DEFINED

TranslatorDefaultSource: DEFINED

TranslatorSource: DEFINED

TypeCoercer: REAL

UpdateListenerHub: REAL

ValidationConstraintGenerator: DEFINED

ValidationMessagesSource: DEFINED

ValueEncoderSource: DEFINED

WebApplicationContext: DEFINED

entityManagerFactory: DEFINED

org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator: DEFINED
org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor:
DEFINED

transactionManager: DEFINED

82.91% unrealized services (97/117)

[INFO] TimingFilter start time: 1199859344109 ms
22:15:46.046 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.findById(SubjectDAO.java:148) >52> finding Subject
instance with id: 1
[rank: 1 name: Billy, rank: 2 name: Bob, rank: 3 name: Farrah, rank: 4 name:
Sammy]
22:15:46.218 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.update(SubjectDAO.java:136) >52> updating Subject
instance
22:15:46.218 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.update(SubjectDAO.java:139) >52> update successful
22:15:46.218 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.refresh(SubjectDAO.java:255) >52> refreshing Subject
instance
[rank: 4 name: Billy, rank: 2 name: Bob, rank: 3 name: Farrah, rank: 1 name:
Sammy]
22:15:46.312 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.refresh(SubjectDAO.java:261) >52> refresh successful
22:15:46.312 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.findById(SubjectDAO.java:148) >52> finding Subject
instance with id: 1
[rank: 4 name: Billy, rank: 2 name: Bob, rank: 3 name: Farrah, rank: 1 name:
Sammy]
22:15:46.343 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.findById(SubjectDAO.java:148) >52> finding Subject
instance with id: 1
[rank: 1 name: Sammy, rank: 2 name: Bob, rank: 3 name: Farrah, rank: 4 name:
Billy]
22:15:46.718 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.findById(SubjectDAO.java:148) >63> finding Subject
instance with id: 1
[rank: 1 name: Sammy, rank: 2 name: Bob, rank: 3 name: Farrah, rank: 4 name:
Billy]
22:15:46.734 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.update(SubjectDAO.java:136) >63> updating Subject
instance
22:15:46.734 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.update(SubjectDAO.java:139) >63> update successful
[rank: 4 name: Sammy, rank: 2 name: Bob, rank: 3 name: Farrah, rank: 1 name:
Billy]
22:15:46.734 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.refresh(SubjectDAO.java:255) >63> refreshing Subject
instance
22:15:46.734 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.refresh(SubjectDAO.java:261) >63> refresh successful
22:15:46.734 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.findById(SubjectDAO.java:148) >63> finding Subject
instance with id: 1
[rank: 4 name: Sammy, rank: 2 name: Bob, rank: 3 name: Farrah, rank: 1 name:
Billy]
22:15:46.765 INFO   [SocketListener0-1]
com.jpa.db.SubjectDAO.findById(SubjectDAO.java:148) >63> finding Subject
instance with id: 1
[rank: 1 name: Billy, rank: 2 name: Bob, rank: 3 name: Farrah, rank: 4 name:
Sammy]
[INFO] TimingFilter Request time: 2750 ms
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Jan/2008:22:15:43 -0800] "GET /jpa/start HTTP/1.1" 200 521
"http://localhost:8080/jpa/start" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1;
en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11" -

And here is my log4j.properties file:

log4j.rootCategory=WARN, A1

# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=[%p] %c{1} %m%n

log4j.category.org.apache.tapestry.TapestryFilter=info
log4j.category.org.apache.tapestry=error
log4j.category.tapestry=error

log4j.category.com.jpa=error

# Service category names are the name of the defining module class
# and then the service id.
log4j.category.com.jpa.services.AppModule.TimingFilter=info

# Turning on debug mode for a page or component will show all of the code
changes that occur when the
# class is loaded.  Turning on debug mode for a page will enable detailed
output about
# the contruction of the page, including the runtime code modifications that
occur. Verbose
# mode is rarely used, as it output voluminous details about the rendering
of the page.
# log4j.category.com.jpa.pages.Start=debug

log4j.category.org.springframework=debug
log4j.logger.net.sf.hibernate=debug
log4j.category.net.sf.hibernate=debug

#log4j.category.org.hibernate=info
log4j.category.org.hibernate=debug

### log HQL query parser activity
#log4j.category.org.hibernate.hql.ast.AST=debug

### log just the SQL
log4j.category.org.hibernate.SQL=debug

### log JDBC bind parameters ###
log4j.category.org.hibernate.type=debug

### log schema export/update ###
log4j.category.org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl=debug

### log HQL parse trees
#log4j.category.org.hibernate.hql=debug

### log cache activity ###
log4j.category.org.hibernate.cache=debug

### log transaction activity
log4j.category.org.hibernate.transaction=debug

Re: [T5] 5.0.7 - Help with log4j.properties file

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
I just realized my non-tapestry pages are using
org.apache.log4j.Logger; not slf4j.

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steph <sd...@cariboo-networks.com>.