Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> on 2008/05/01 23:32:30 UTC

Re: Plugin development & plexus-utils version

On Mittwoch, 30. April 2008, William Ferguson wrote:
> As Benjamin points out at the end of that Jira, the current behaviour is
there to deal with use of libraries containing classes that extend classes in
other libraries.

> Seems to me that we need a way to differentiate in our projects which
dependencies need to get *exported* as compile dependencies and which can get
exported as runtime depedencies.

> Projects that don't use implementation inheritance will be able to trim down
their exported compile time dependencies to nil.

> Implementation inheritance of any class relegates that class's library to
being exported as a compile time dep, otherwise the library is exported as a
runtime dep.

Maybe a new scope: private or hidden

- Jörg

Re: Plugin development & plexus-utils version

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Maybe a new scope

+1 on that instead of some time-consuming ASM post analysis and POM
rewriting.

Benjamin