Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2002/09/20 17:09:06 UTC

Notifying a Provider that the Service Object is finished with

Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	I've been looking at the Java and RPC Provider classes recently,
	as I'm looking at writing a custom Provider for our project.

	In the provider classes the method makeNewServiceObject is called
	to create a new service object. Is some method called when that
	newly created object is finished with ?

	This would be useful for example if the object created by the Provider
	holds references to scarce resources or needs to be returned to a
	pool, etc.

	Something like a Provider.releaseServiceObject() method would allow the
	Provider to efficiently clean up the object - or is there already
	some other way to do this ?

	From what I can tell the only way so far would be to implement
	ServiceLifecycle.destroy() on the service object itself, but I'd like
	to do it in the Provider if at all possible.

	Any thoughts/ideas much appreciated.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: