Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by cj22 <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/17 00:27:03 UTC

Problem with Update Disk Caching Pattern

Hello,

So I recently switch the disk caching pattern to UPDATE, and this caused
serious cache inconsistencies.  It looks like if the key already exists in
the disk cache, an update does not go to disk.

We are using JCS to cache rows from a database as java objects.  If data
changes through our server, the new row gets re-put into the cache.  So I am
wondering, is this a bug? or am I completely mis-using JCS?  I assume I
could solve this by removing before each put, but that is a lot of code to
update and would be rather inefficient.

currently using version: jcs-1.3.2.6-RC.jar

JCS has been working great for us for several years now in this fashion, so
I thank all who worked on it for a great tool!

Thanks for any advice,
-Chris