Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Laxman <la...@huawei.com> on 2012/03/06 06:45:49 UTC

HBase 0.92 with Hadoop 0.23.1

Hi,

Anyone using HBase 0.92 with 0.23.1 in your clusters.
We are planning to use this combination in our clusters to take the
advantage of new hadoop features and improvements.
Please give opinion on this (any known issues, suggestions).

Laxman

Re: HBase 0.92 with Hadoop 0.23.1

Posted by Mingjie Lai <ml...@apache.org>.
> Please file JIRAs against the docs when you find stuff like this! Happy to fix.

We filed some for yarn, and patches are available. There will be a
little more when we proceed.

Re: HBase 0.92 with Hadoop 0.23.1

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Mingjie Lai <ml...@apache.org> wrote:
> We're evaluating new features from hadoop 0.23+, including yarn, federation,
> NN HA (in 0.24, will be ported to 0.23 later), with hbase 0.92.
>
> Each of the new features brings quite some new (and deprecated)
> configurations. And with security enabled, the combination can be pretty
> complicated. Be prepared to dig into source code see how a configure is
> used, since some important configurations can be missed from document.

Please file JIRAs against the docs when you find stuff like this! Happy to fix.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: HBase 0.92 with Hadoop 0.23.1

Posted by Mingjie Lai <ml...@apache.org>.
We're evaluating new features from hadoop 0.23+, including yarn,
federation, NN HA (in 0.24, will be ported to 0.23 later), with hbase 0.92.

Each of the new features brings quite some new (and deprecated)
configurations. And with security enabled, the combination can be pretty
complicated. Be prepared to dig into source code see how a configure is
used, since some important configurations can be missed from document.

-mingjie

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Dave Wang <ds...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Laxman,
>
> If you have any test scripts you can share with us, we'd appreciate it,
> especially in some of the new areas that 0.92 + 0.23 covers.

In fact, if you have such tests/scripts, please do think about donating
them to project Bigtop where we can execute them regularly as part
of our testing routines.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: HBase 0.92 with Hadoop 0.23.1

Posted by Dave Wang <ds...@cloudera.com>.
Laxman,

If you have any test scripts you can share with us, we'd appreciate it,
especially in some of the new areas that 0.92 + 0.23 covers.

- Dave

Posted by Laxman <la...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Laxman,