Posted to user@pig.apache.org by ey-chih chow <ey...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/15 09:57:54 UTC

number of M/R jobs for a Pig Script

Hi,

I have a Pig script that has two group-by statements on the the input data
set.  Is there anybody knows how many M-R jobs the script will generate?
 Thanks.

Best regards,

Ey-Chih Chow

Re: number of M/R jobs for a Pig Script

Posted by ey-chih chow <ey...@gmail.com>.
I got another question.  It I want to embed this pig script of multiple
group bys into a Java program, using PigServer.  Will the multiple stores
as follows be executed in one MR job?

pigServer.store("C", "output1");
pigServer.store("E", "output2");

If not, how can I achieve this?

Thanks.

Ey-Chih Chow

Posted by ey-chih chow <ey...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  This is what I want.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: number of M/R jobs for a Pig Script

Posted by Pradeep Gollakota <pr...@gmail.com>.
Can you describe what your input data looks like and what you want your
output data to look like?

I don’t understand your question. A group by is really straight forward to
do on a dataset.

A = LOAD 'mydata' using MyStorage();
B = GROUP A BY group_key;
dump B;

Posted by ey-chih chow <ey...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pradeep Gollakota <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ey-chih chow <ey...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Or Lipstick : https://github.com/Netflix/Lipstick
It's Netflix this time instead of Twitter. ;)

http://techblog.netflix.com/2013/06/introducing-lipstick-on-apache-pig.html

But by simply running the script, the information your are looking for will
be displayed at the end of the job.

Bertrand

Posted by Geert Van Landeghem <gv...@foundation.be>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.