Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aaron Freeman <aa...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/20 16:46:29 UTC

Mutiple project site

Maybe my whole thinking is wrong in wanting to do this, but I have a
project that has several pieces (EAR, EJB, WAR, JAR), and so I set up
a parent project with the a parent POM and then each piece is like a
sub-project and has it's own POM that extends the parent. This all
works fine and I'm able to build everything just fine. But I would
also like to build a site for this project using Maven, but I want to
build just one site that gives the information on all of the code for
the whole project. Maven wants to build a separate site for each
sub-project. Is there some way to build a site that encompasses code
from several sub-projects?

Re: Mutiple project site

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
Just place links in your navigation to /module-artifactId
The next release of the site plugin would support something like
${modules} I 've heard.

If you do "mvn site" it will not copy the modules contents into the
parent site, but that's not a problem: once you do "mvn deploy", they
will be deployed too and everything will work out.
(If your site distribution url ends with a "/").

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet