Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/10/29 06:29:32 UTC

having Continuum deploy snapshots to the apache repository

I've just been trying to build a few things here and there today, and
found a mass of snapshots not deployed to the repository.

Given that Continuum has quietly been been performing reliably on the
zone and producing these snapshots, and is being properly monitored,
I'd like to have it ship them to the Apache snapshot repository, in
the same way we intend to for vmbuild using a sync from the destination.

The upside would be that that problem should then be a thing of the
past (with the exception of the things that still don't build clean
anyway), and we'd also avoid having those permission problems.

The downsides are that you may have to wait a few hours for the sync
to take place, and that any snapshots you deploy yourself will be
overwritten.

I may not be able to get this in place immediately, but wanted to get
the ball rolling as this was a major pain today.

WDYT?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org

Re: having Continuum deploy snapshots to the apache repository

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
agreed - this was already on the list. You can see the list of things
that are intended for the system here:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA/component/12311662

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 10/29/07, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/29/07, Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> > +1
> > and if you add the deployment of site too even better

I can vouch for the need for this.
Our internal development has a snapshot client build of 0.5Gb (note Gigs!)
and I quickly filled up the disk with snapshots :)
Now I set uniqueVersion to false for application binaries for a stable
disk size.

Re: having Continuum deploy snapshots to the apache repository

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 10/29/07, Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1
> and if you add the deployment of site too even better

+1, I've been wanting this for ages
+1 to site docs too (I assume the snapshot site docs reside in
somewhere other that maven.apache.org)

Re: having Continuum deploy snapshots to the apache repository

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
+1

On 10/28/07, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've just been trying to build a few things here and there today, and
> found a mass of snapshots not deployed to the repository.
>
> Given that Continuum has quietly been been performing reliably on the
> zone and producing these snapshots, and is being properly monitored,
> I'd like to have it ship them to the Apache snapshot repository, in
> the same way we intend to for vmbuild using a sync from the destination.
>
> The upside would be that that problem should then be a thing of the
> past (with the exception of the things that still don't build clean
> anyway), and we'd also avoid having those permission problems.
>
> The downsides are that you may have to wait a few hours for the sync
> to take place, and that any snapshots you deploy yourself will be
> overwritten.
>
> I may not be able to get this in place immediately, but wanted to get
> the ball rolling as this was a major pain today.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --