Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ab...@mpsa.com on 2002/07/03 15:22:50 UTC

libtool segmentation fault while compiling php

Hi all,

I had this error some time ago and could overcome it by simply capturing a
log file with  | tee configure.LOG, according to Lee Fellow this forced
libtool to work.

While I could make it work on most of the machines I had. I 'm facing now a
critical situation, where PHP cannot be configured on a a Redhat ! because
of the damned segmentation fault.

Please help if you can, I'ld be very grateful

The error is the following :

Usage: echo [-enprs] [-f format] [-u fd] [string ...]
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files...
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
Segmentation fault
configure: error: libtool configure failed

{op}@bexh35 #

                         \\\___///
                         \\  _ _  //
                       (  @ @  )
+-------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------+

Abdel RAMLI
abdel.ramli@mpsa.com
Consultant Altaïr Technologies
PSA Peugeot Citroën | site de Bessoncourt
Unité: DINQ/DSIN/INSI/ETSO/PRD
Tel : 03 84 46 92 79 (229279)

Re: libtool segmentation fault while compiling php

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 09:22, abdel.ramli@mpsa.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had this error some time ago and could overcome it by simply capturing a
> log file with  | tee configure.LOG, according to Lee Fellow this forced
> libtool to work.
>
> While I could make it work on most of the machines I had. I 'm facing now a
> critical situation, where PHP cannot be configured on a a Redhat ! because
> of the damned segmentation fault.
>
> Please help if you can, I'ld be very grateful
>

> The error is the following :

> Usage: echo [-enprs] [-f format] [-u fd] [string ...]
> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
> checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
> checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
> checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files...
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build shared libraries... no
> checking whether to build static libraries... yes
> checking for objdir... .libs
> creating libtool
> Segmentation fault
> configure: error: libtool configure failed
>
> {op}@bexh35 #
>

>                          \\\___///
>                          \\  _ _  //
>                        (  @ @  )
> +-------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------+
>
> Abdel RAMLI
> abdel.ramli@mpsa.com
> Consultant Altaïr Technologies
> PSA Peugeot Citroën | site de Bessoncourt
> Unité: DINQ/DSIN/INSI/ETSO/PRD
> Tel : 03 84 46 92 79 (229279)
>                        oooO        (  )
>                         (_)

Hi Abdel,

  So the '| tee' work-around doesn't work here?

  Have you tried re-installing the system?  Something is seriously
  amiss in it.