Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/19 17:02:12 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE]: Release OpenOffice 4.0 (RC2)

The vote period to release the RC2 (based on release branch AOO40,
revision 1503704) as Apache OpenOffice 4.0 has ended.

The ballot result in 24 votes, 24 +1 votes including 14 binding PMC
member votes.

3 binding +1 votes are necessary for the release. That means the ballot
closed successful to release the RC2 as AOO 4.0

Vote tally

+1 Jan Iversen (binding)
+1 Keith McKenna
+1 Olaf Felka
+1 Sylvain Denis
+1 Marco A.G. Pinto
+1 V Stuart Foote
+1 Samer Mansour
+1 Ricardo Berlasso (binding)
+1 Rory O'Farrell
+1 Rob Weir (binding)
+1 Shengfeng Liu
+1 Kay Schenk (binding)
+1 Marcus Lange (binding)
+1 Regina Henschel (binding)
+1 Andrew Rist (binding)
+1 Donald Harbison (binding)
+1 Xuacu
+1 Juergen Schmidt (binding)
+1 Yuzhen Fan
+1 Andrea Pescetti (binding)
+1 Armin Le Grand (binding)
+1 Herbert Duerr (binding)
+1 Kazunari Hirano (binding)
+1 Andre Fischer (binding)

Thanks

Juergen

Re: [RESULT][VOTE]: Release OpenOffice 4.0 (RC2)

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 22.07.2013 20:31, imacat wrote:
> On 2013/07/20 06:26, Juergen Schmidt said:
>      Hmm... ^^;  I did not notice this following discussion.
>
>      I suppose we are counting the votes, not the comments after the
> votes.  That is, whether I comment as "for the release blocker #NNNN" or
> "for missing the Traditional Chinese version" or "bc'z I'm krazzzzzzzy"
> is irrelevant to my vote.  The interpretation of the comments belong to
> the [DISCUSS] thread, not to this [VOTE] thread.

I absolutely agree.  Andrea already updated the vote result
accordingly.  Maybe we can sort things like the reason for you -1 before
the vote.

-Andre

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
On 2013/07/20 06:26, Juergen Schmidt said:
> Am Freitag, 19. Juli 2013 um 19:46 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> Dave Fisher wrote:

    Hmm... ^^;  I did not notice this following discussion.

    I suppose we are counting the votes, not the comments after the
votes.  That is, whether I comment as "for the release blocker #NNNN" or
"for missing the Traditional Chinese version" or "bc'z I'm krazzzzzzzy"
is irrelevant to my vote.  The interpretation of the comments belong to
the [DISCUSS] thread, not to this [VOTE] thread.

    So please still count me as -1, although this does not affect the
result of the votes.  I have to present my position as a member of our
local community.

    Nevertheless, this release is great!  It's really pity for me not
able to involve in the process of this release.  Thanks to Juergen and
everybody on your hard work on this release.

>>> imacat's VOTE was not a Veto as you cannot veto a release.
>>>

>> Enough misunderstandings here (I think that Jan was saying: Juergen
>> cannot decide by himself whether a -1 is valid...).
>>
>> Anyway, let's update the tally to 24 "+1" votes (14 binding) and 1 "-1"
>> vote (imacat, binding) and move on.
>>
>> As Juergen already wrote, we remain committed to make the traditional
>> Chinese version available at the earliest occasion, it is already at
>> 100% but it simply came too late to build/include it. In the meantime,
>> it will be available as snapshot build.
>>

> do whatever you want, from my point of view imacat voted on something that wasn't part of the vote. It remains an invalid vote for me.
>
> Juergen
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andrea.

Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

OpenOffice http://www.openoffice.org/
Greenfoot Taiwan http://greenfoot.westart.tw/

Re: [RESULT][VOTE]: Release OpenOffice 4.0 (RC2)

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jul 19, 2013, at 9:09 AM, janI wrote:

> On 19 July 2013 17:11, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/19/13 5:07 PM, Donald Whytock wrote:

>>> Imacat voted -1.  Is he non-binding?
>>>

>> the vote was not valid from my perspective because she voted on
>> something that was part of the vote. I haven't count it but of course it
>> would not change the result. And I believe imacat made it clear in a
>> later response.
>>

> Hi
>
> I know it does not change anything, but imacat did not withdraw her -1, so
> it should be in the tally for the record. The vote is binding and should be
> counted.
>
> It is in principle no good, that a single person decides if a vote is valid
> or not, it sort of invalidates the idea of voting.

imacat's VOTE was not a Veto as you cannot veto a release. Since it was not a VETO situation there is no invalidation.

Please count her VOTE as (binding)

In a sense this is different from Rapheal's -1 which was agreed by acclamation once the flaw was obvious.

Thank you.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The vote period to release the RC2 (based on release branch AOO40,
> revision 1503704) as Apache OpenOffice 4.0 has ended.
>
> The ballot result in 24 votes, 24 +1 votes including 14 binding PMC
> member votes.
>
> 3 binding +1 votes are necessary for the release. That means the ballot
> closed successful to release the RC2 as AOO 4.0
>
> Vote tally
>
> +1 Jan Iversen (binding)
> +1 Keith McKenna
> +1 Olaf Felka