Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Buddhi Eashwarage <bu...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/11 07:22:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Proxy Module Help

I want to redirect a url to an application on same apache server.My
development environment is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.I enables the mod_proxy.But my
url isn't redirecting to the desired application.Following is the code i
put inside the /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file.I put this bottom
of the file but before the "VirtualHost" tag.

Code
-------------------------------------

ProxyRequests OnProxyVia On<Proxy *>
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from localhost</Proxy>ProxyPass /application_directory/
http://localhost/application/directoryProxyPassReverse
/application_directory/ http://localhost/application/directory

Kind Regards,
Buddhi Eashwarage

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Proxy Module Help

Posted by Varun Bhuvanendran <va...@gmail.com>.
Hai buddhi,
Did you try with a "/"

ProxyPass /application_directory/ http://localhost/application/directory/
ProxyPassReverse /application_directory/
http://localhost/application/directory/

In your original post those trailing "/" where missing.  Hope this helps

varun

Posted by Buddhi Eashwarage <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Varun Bhuvanendran <va...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Are you 100% sure that what is being returned by the backend
is 'localhost' and not something else? I assume when you
say it's not being "redirected" you mean that the 302s aren't
being handled correctly...