Posted to user@struts.apache.org by prasad pondugula <po...@genco.com> on 2006/07/14 22:39:57 UTC

ActionMapping forward.findForward(str) with dynamic parameters

Hello all,

In an action class, how do we pass some dynamic parameter/values to an
action forward. So that we do not need to hard code any values in
struts-config.xml's (<forward name="fwdDetail" path="tilesDefDetail"
redirect="true" />).

Example:

TestAction.java:

      String key = "task";
      String value = "displayAccountDetails"; // this value changes
dynamically based on some logic.

      return mapping.findForward("fwdDetail");

Please advice as soon as possible.

Regards,
Prasad Pondugula

and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure of
message.

Re: ActionMapping forward.findForward(str) with dynamic parameters

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
Do you mean something like ActionRedirect?

   String key = "task";
   String value = "displayAccountDetails"; // this value changes

   return new ActionRedirect(mapping.findForward("fwdDetail"))
                  .addParameter(key, value);

It still won't allow you to redirect to a tile, though.

Hubert