Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Cindy Holly <C....@usagain.com> on 2016/07/14 15:31:00 UTC

Tortoise SVN issue - repository not found

After using Tortoise SVN successfully for many years with our web hosted Linux apache server, I am suddenly unable to connect and repository is not found at the URL.

When I attempt to view a file while in my Offline Tortoise SNV log, I receive this error:

Subversion reported the following
(you can copy the content of this dialog
to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):

In file
'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.11\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c'
line 8760: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(local_abspath))
---------------------------
OK

Thank you,

Cindy Holly
Information Systems Development Manager

[usagain_logo]<http://www.usagain.com/>
1555 Hawthorne Lane, Suite 4W
West Chicago, IL 60185

T: 630.293.1239 X 1015
F: 630.293.1237
c.holly@usagain.com<ma...@usagain.com>
www.usagain.com<http://www.usagain.com/>

Re: Tortoise SVN issue - repository not found

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.
Hi Cindy,

> After using Tortoise SVN successfully for many years with our web
> hosted Linux apache server, I am suddenly unable to connect and
> repository is not found at the URL.
>

> When I attempt to view a file while in my Offline Tortoise SNV log, I
> receive this error:

> with as much information as possible about what
>
> you were trying to do.
>
> But please first search the mailing list archives for the error message
>
> to avoid reporting the same problem repeatedly.
>
> You can find the mailing list archives at

> Subversion reported the following
>
> (you can copy the content of this dialog
>
> to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):
>

> In file
>
> 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.11\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c'
>
> line 8760: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(local_abspath))

your description I take it it's possible that TSVN indeed passes some
inappropriate values to some SVN library function ultimately triggering
the assertion.

Regards,
Stefan