Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Bill Boland <bo...@mediaone.net> on 2002/01/26 18:38:29 UTC

Book: Programming Web Service with SOAP and bug in Apache 2.2

Hi. I just joined the group(s).

I just received the newly published O'Reilly book Programming Web
Service with SOAP by Snell, Tidwell and Kulchenko.

On page 120 they document a bug in Apache SOAP 2.2 that causes invalid
XML to be produced in some situations (in
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOM2Writer.java) along with a fix. I searched
the CVS and didn't see any recent change to the file
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/uti
l/xml/DOM2Writer.java). There was no mention of this in the archives
either.

Is this bug well known? Has it been applied to Axis? Are there any
severe bugs that I might want to build from source vs. using Apache 2.2
milestone?

I can post the suggested source change from the book if any contributor
is interested to evaluate and apply to source.