Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by tyson magney <tm...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/31 18:06:20 UTC

Authentication Issue

Hello,

I am in the process of evaluating Soap toolkits.  Axis2 looks promising but
I am having an issue setting up a test client.  I have successfully run the
WSDL2Java Eclipse plugin to create my stub class.  I wrote some client code
to connect to my web services but it throws an exception.  Here is the code.

DocInfoStub stub = null;
stub = new DocInfoStub("http://localhost/stellent/idcplg/"); <-- Fatal error
here.
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName request = new DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName();
request.setDDocName("000107");
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByNameResponse response = stub.DocInfoByName(request);

Here is the fatal exception when I try to instanciate the DocInfoStub class.
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.buildOM(
DescriptionBuilder.java:86)
    at org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.populateConfig(
AxisConfigBuilder.java:58)
    at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.populateAxisConfiguration(
DeploymentEngine.java:690)
    at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.FileSystemConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration(
FileSystemConfigurator.java:109)
    at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext
(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:61)
    at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem
(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:180)
    at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.initializeTransports(
ServiceClient.java:189)
    at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.configureServiceClient(
ServiceClient.java:118)
    at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.<init>(ServiceClient.java:114)
    at com.stellent.www.docinfo.DocInfoStub.<init>(DocInfoStub.java:82)
    at com.stellent.www.docinfo.DocInfoStub.<init>(DocInfoStub.java:106)
    at com.imagesourceinc.Axis2Test.main(Axis2Test.java:31)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No valid ObjectCreator found.
    at org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils$Pool.<init>(StAXUtils.java:41)
    at org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.<clinit>(StAXUtils.java:62)
    ... 12 more
Exception in thread "main"

I believe the issue is that I need to authenticate the webservice.  I tried
using an endpoint URL like "http://sysadmin:idc@localhost/stellent/idcplg/"
but it didnt help.  I added an Authenticator and Options object based on the
Http Authentication example on the Axis2 site but it did not work either.
However the documentation does not explain how to add the options to a
client stub class.  The same exception results either way.  In Axis 1.4,
when I did not authenticate properly I received a 401 Http response.

DocInfoStub stub = null;
//new code
Options options = new Options();
HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator auth = new
HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator();
auth.setUsername("sysadmin");
auth.setPassword("idc");
options.setProperty(HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator.BASIC, auth);
//end new code
stub = new DocInfoStub("http://localhost/stellent/idcplg/"); <-- Fatal error
here.
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName request = new DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName();
request.setDDocName("000107");
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByNameResponse response = stub.DocInfoByName(request);

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

- Tyson

Re: setOperationContext on service

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Try:
    MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext()

The setOperationContext() stuff was removed prior to Axis2 1.1 because
it wasn't thread safe.

David

Posted by Angel Todorov <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,

Use DOOM vs. not use DOOM

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Hi,

Can someone explain or point me to a write-up  what is the purpose
of DOOM processing flags (WSSHandlerConstants.DISABLE_DOOM) and when
should DOOM be turned on or off. And what is DOOM mode anyways :-)

Thanks in advance!

George

Re: Authentication Issue

Posted by tyson magney <tm...@gmail.com>.
I solved my initial problem.  In my Eclipse project I was referencing some
jars in the plugin folder.  I removed all of those references and readded
the packages in axis2/lib.

However I am still having authentication issues.  I can create my stub class
just fine, but when I create the response object I get an exception.   The
exception is different this time however.  Here is my code again.

DocInfoStub stub = null;
//ServiceClient sc = null;

HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator authenticator = new
HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator();
authenticator.setUsername("sysadmin");
authenticator.setPassword("idc");
Options options = new Options();
options.setProperty(HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator.BASIC,
authenticator);

stub = new DocInfoStub("http://localhost/stellent/idcplg");

stub._getServiceClient().setOptions(options);
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName request = new DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName();
request.setDDocName("cslptysonm_000107");

DocInfoStub.DocInfoByNameResponse response = stub.DocInfoByName(request);
<-- Exception here.
DocInfoStub.DocInfoByNameResult result = response.getDocInfoByNameResult();
DocInfoStub.ContentInfo info[] = result.getContentInfo();

System.out.println(info[0].getDDocAuthor());

Here is the new exception.

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: No address information in EPR, cannot infer
transport
    at org.apache.axis2.description.ClientUtils.inferOutTransport(
ClientUtils.java:57)
    at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.prepareMessageContext(
OperationClient.java:254)
    at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(
OutInAxisOperation.java:160)
    at com.stellent.www.docinfo.DocInfoStub.DocInfoByName(DocInfoStub.java
:152)
    at com.imagesourceinc.Axis2Test.main(Axis2Test.java:44)

If I comment out this line stub._getServiceClient().setOptions(options);
then I get a timeout exception.  Any ideas?

- Tyson

Re: Authentication Issue

Posted by tyson magney <tm...@gmail.com>.

RE: Authentication Issue