Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Philippe Ombredanne <po...@nexb.com> on 2007/09/25 19:01:50 UTC

Tuscany and OSGi

All:
Some of the built binaries alreday have a manifest that is
semi-osgi'fied.
I suggest that it would be really nice if all the tuscany binaries could
be delivered with a complete OSGi manifest.
I can see only good stuffs from that as it makes OSGi friendly for Felix
or Eclipse or general OSGi consumption.
That is something that could be done as part of the build with little to
no core code change.
There are tools at Felix and http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd that can help
there.
Ideally we should be to infer most everything from the poms.
In practice there may be some subtle devilish details that may require
some manual adjustments, but nothing extra ordinary.
What do you think?
--
Cheers
Philippe