Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz> on 1998/03/19 09:00:08 UTC

Self documentation for Apache C modules

I said a week or so ago, I'd include an apache-module-docs style
document for mod_perl directives.  Instead of typing heaps of bloody
HTML, I put together Apache::ModuleDoc that works with any C module, to
generate the apache style docs.  It does so on the fly via command_rec
lookups to give you a list of directives, Description, Syntax, Context,
Override, etc., including PerlSyntax for <Perl>.  It's not perfect, but
if you get mod_perl-1.09 and Apache-Module-0.02 (just uploaded to CPAN),
configure like so:

 <Location /manual/mod>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::ModuleDoc
 </Location>

/manual/mod is where the real apache docs live, this handler sits on top
of that to pickup images, etc.  If you open /manual/mod/index, it will
give you a listing of the compiled in modules and links to their
Apache::ModuleDoc generated documentation.
It actually fills in some bits I think are missing from the current
apache docs :-)

-Doug