Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Tang <al...@airflash.com> on 2000/07/11 02:09:10 UTC

newline after POST data?

Hi folks.

I'm writing an application which sends POST data to the server.  The
client sometimes does not send the trailing newline after the POST
data:  For example, the request may look like this

     GET /cgi-bin/test HTTP/1.0
     <headers...>

     data_cmd=XX&x=y<EOF>

Tomcat does not get ANY of the post data (e.g. looking through the
HttpServletRequest parameter in a servlet does not show the "data_cmd"
or "x" parameter at all.

Is this a known bug?  I am currently using the binary distribution of
Tomcat-3.1  (However, I'm in the process of building the latest version
from the CVS repository, so hopefully I'll be able to provide better
information at some point.)

Thanks very much.

...alex...