Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2021/11/17 10:10:12 UTC

Win Builds progress

Hi All.

With the addition of the openoffice-externals repository and tweaking the
config, we have now got a little further.

See: https://ci2.apache.org/#/builders/67/builds/5

tl'dr:

The 'configure' step fails with the following errors

1. head: cannot open '/etc/*-release' for reading: No such file or directory
..

2. configure: error: /usr/bin/gawk, awk, tar or gunzip is a cygwin symlink!
Native Windows programs cannot use cygwin symlinks. Remove the symbolic
link, and copy the program to the name of the link.

The next step also fails 'bootstrap' but it likely related to the previous
step above.

I am unsure if we Infra need to tweak the node somehow or if it can fixed
on the project side of things, ideas welcome.

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: Win Builds progress

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Gavin,

Am 19.11.21 um 12:19 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
> Getting further.
>
> configure: error: Microsoft C/C++ Compiler not found. Use --with-cl-home.

oowintool tries to find it automatically, if that does not succeed one
can specify the location with above switch.

> Could someone let me know what the preferred package is?
>
> We do have VS Community Edition, unsure if that is suitable
>
> and where is the best place to install it. etc

We still need MSVC 2008. Standard installation.

But there are many other packages. The old buildbot should have them
all. I am available if needed.

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: Win Builds progress