Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/07 22:34:21 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Bruno Cadonna

Hello all,

I'm happy to announce that Bruno Cadonna has accepted his invitation to
become an Apache Kafka committer.

Bruno has been contributing to Kafka since Jan. 2019 and has made 99
commits and more than 80 PR reviews so far:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/commits?author=cadonna

He worked on a few key KIPs on Kafka Streams:

* KIP-471: Expose RocksDB Metrics in Kafka Streams
* KIP-607: Add Metrics to Kafka Streams to Report Properties of RocksDB
* KIP-662: Throw Exception when Source Topics of a Streams App are Deleted

Besides all the code contributions and reviews, he's also done a handful
for the community: multiple Kafka meetup talks in Berlin and Kafka Summit
talks, an introductory class to Kafka at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
seminars, and have co-authored a paper on Kafka's stream processing
semantics in this year's SIGMOD conference (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIGMOD). Bruno has also been quite active on
SO channels and AK mailings.

Please join me to congratulate Bruno for all the contributions!

-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Bruno Cadonna

Posted by Boyang Chen <re...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Bruno!

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Bruno!

Posted by David Jacot <dj...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Congrats Bruno!

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
Congratulations Bruno!

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Congratulations Bruno!

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Congrats!

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Congrats!

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Bruno!!

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Bruno!!

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bi...@confluent.io.INVALID>.

Posted by David Klein <da...@usa.net>.
He has also been a huge help to the community!  Congratulations Bruno!  And thank you!

Posted by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org>.
Congratulations, Bruno!!

Best,
Dongjin

--
*Dongjin Lee*

*A hitchhiker in the mathematical world.*

*github:  <http://goog_969573159/>github.com/dongjinleekr
<https://github.com/dongjinleekr>keybase: https://keybase.io/dongjinleekr
<https://keybase.io/dongjinleekr>linkedin: kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr
<https://kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr>speakerdeck: speakerdeck.com/dongjin
<https://speakerdeck.com/dongjin>*

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Bruno Cadonna

Posted by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org>.
Congratulations, Bruno!!

Posted by Bruno Cadonna <br...@confluent.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bi...@confluent.io.INVALID>.