Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2003/01/08 16:28:08 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Content Negotiation with in Apache 2.0.43

->     I believe I did not found anything related to this problem.  Maybe I
-> have missed something somewhere.
->
->     I cannot do content negotiation with <DirectoryMatch> in Apache
-> 2.0.43.  My testing httpd.conf is:

-> User nobody
-> Group nogroup
-> DocumentRoot /var/tmp/htdocs
-> PidFile /var/run/httpd2.pid
-> Listen 50080
-> ErrorLog /var/log/apache/error_log
-> Options +MultiViews
-> DirectoryIndex index.html
->
-> AddLanguage en          .en
-> AddLanguage zh-tw       .zh-tw
-> AddLanguage zh-cn       .zh-cn
-> LanguagePriority zh-tw zh-cn en
->
-> <DirectoryMatch /var/tmp/htdocs>
-> </DirectoryMatch>

-> imacat@rinse ~ % ls /var/tmp/htdocs -l
-> total 12
-> -rw-r--r--    1 imacat   root          517 Dec 25 23:34 index.html.en
-> lrwxrwxrwx    1 imacat   root           13 Dec 25 23:36 index.html.html -> index.html.en
-> -rw-r--r--    1 imacat   root          504 Dec 25 23:35 index.html.zh-cn
-> -rw-r--r--    1 imacat   root          500 Dec 25 23:35 index.html.zh-tw

->     After starting /usr/sbin/httpd2 -f /etc/apache/httpd2.conf-test, and
-> try to connect, I get:
->
-> imacat@rinse ~ % lynx -dump http://rinse:50080/
->                                   Index of /
->
->      * [1]index.html.en
->      * [2]index.html.html
->      * [3]index.html.zh-cn
->      * [4]index.html.zh-tw

->     This is strange.  It should display index.html.html.

You probably should try DefaultLanguage directive

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Re: [users@httpd] Content Negotiation with in Apache 2.0.43

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Matus "fantomas" Uhlar wrote:

> ->     I believe I did not found anything related to this problem.  Maybe I
> -> have missed something somewhere.
> ->
> ->     I cannot do content negotiation with <DirectoryMatch> in Apache
> -> 2.0.43.  My testing httpd.conf is:

I believe there is a bug in DirectoryMatch processing in 2.0.43.  It is
fixed in the next version, due out soon.

Joshua.