Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Blake Day <bl...@charter.net> on 2002/04/25 08:08:11 UTC

comparing an intake string value

I have a form that might be refreshed with some error messages. I need all
of the users inputs to be saved.  For a select box that I have, I'm trying
to use the following code to keep their previously selected value intact:

    #set ( $userGroup = $intake.CatalogUserGroup.Default )
    <select name="$userGroup.Title.Key">
     <option value="Mr."  #if ($!userGroup.Title.equals("Mr."))  selected
#end>Mr.</option>
     <option value="Mrs." #if ($!userGroup.Title.equals("Mrs.")) selected
#end>Mrs.</option>
     <option value="Ms."  #if ($!userGroup.Title.equals("Ms."))  selected
#end>Ms.</option>
     <option value="Dr."  #if ($!userGroup.Title.equals("Dr."))  selected
#end>Dr.</option>
    </select>

The problem I'm having is that $userGroup.Title.equals("Mr.") never returns
true, although when printed $userGroup.Title appears to be "Mr.".  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for all the continued help,
Michael Blake Day
Artistry Studios - e-commerce design, implementation and hosting
email: mday@artistrystudios.net

RE: comparing an intake string value

Posted by Blake Day <bl...@charter.net>.
Please ignore this post.  I realized my mistake 30 seconds after posting.  I
needed to use $userGroup.Title.Value.equals().