Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mikhail Sokolov <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/21 12:50:22 UTC

ALTER TABLE implementation details

Hi!
I'm using Cassandra 2.2 for my home-grown SAAS and currently
evaluating prospect of adding columns to tables on user requests.
So I have a couple of questions regarding ALTER TABLE statement:

1) how adding/removing columns implemented on cluster level?
2) in case of column addition how soon after executing the ALTER TABLE
statement updates to the newly added column can be sent?
2) how often a user can add/remove columns without affecting the
cluster's performance?

--
Mikhail Sokolov