Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jeff Ling <je...@google.com> on 2006/06/03 01:16:25 UTC

patch for org.apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer

Hi guys,

I got NullpointerException with the request content:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http%3A%2F%2Fschemas.xmlsoap.org%2Fsoap%2Fenvelope%2F>"><soapenv:Header
/><soapenv:Body><ns1:GetListItems xmlns:ns1="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http%3A%2F%2Fschemas.microsoft.com%2Fsharepoint%2Fsoap%2F>"><listName
xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http%3A%2F%2Fschemas.microsoft.com%2Fsharepoint%2Fsoap%2F>">{F8AC172B-2763-4898-B322-935BECA90900}</listName><Query
/><QueryOptions><ViewAttributes Scope="Recursive"
/></QueryOptions></ns1:GetListItems></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

I traced down to StreamingOMSerializer::serializeAttributes

            namespaceName = reader.getAttributeNamespace(i);
              writerPrefix
=writer.getNamespaceContext().getPrefix(namespaceName);

In this case, "ViewAttributes"'s attribute namspace is null, and
namspacecontext.getPrefix caused exception.

Here is my fix:

            namespaceName = reader.getAttributeNamespace(i);
            if (namespaceName != null)
              writerPrefix =writer.getNamespaceContext
().getPrefix(namespaceName);

            if (namespaceName != null && !"".equals(namespaceName)){
                //prefix has already being declared but this particular
attrib has a

File is attached. I am not sure whether this group is responsible for
axiom, or I should submit to some other list? Please advice. (seems to me
ther only other list is "commons".)

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: patch for org.apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Jeff,

Are you referring to the current svn head or to an older version. I
looked at the file u've sent us earlier and it seemed to me that current
code is changed from what you have in that file.

Can you please look at the current version in the svn and check the NPE
is there. I think the problem you are talking about is fixed in current
code. Please verify and give a feedback.

Thanks
-- Chinthaka

Posted by Jeff Ling <je...@google.com>.
Hi Eran,