Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com> on 2003/06/07 14:40:34 UTC

Frames or Table structure

Hi,

Without wanting to go into the pros and cons of frames vs tables
(obviously there is a difference for otherwise they would not BOTH
exist!) I would like to post a Q re. the use of either one with Tapestry.

I'm at a crossroads here, wanting to start on a foundation for my app I
was wondering whether a frame structure or table structure (startscreen/
visual work-environment) would be more appropriate. Basically I can do
both so it comes down to this Q:
On a heavy load site (500+ *working* users) which structure gives the
smallest hit on the server. I don't mind using the client for stuff
(cheap processingpower) but I would like to relieve the server as much
as I can. My gut tells me that less rendering (read frames) means more
users can work simultaneously. Granted however that u Tapestry gut is
still quite undeveloped.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Fermin DCG

Re: Frames or Table structure

Posted by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com>.
Hmm, seems to me y'r suggesting *not* 2 use frames.  ;-)

Thx 4 the unambiguous answer,
Cheers,
Fermin DCG

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.