Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ciscolos <ni...@lyth.de> on 2008/09/26 18:44:46 UTC

Tomahawk + Facelets+ state_saving_method = server navigation problem

Hi forum ,

we're using Tomahawk 1.1.7 with Myfaces 1.2.4 and Facelets 1.1.14. After
changing the context-param "javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD"  from client to
server. We're not able use command links any more. if we try to perform a
view action wich calls a bean we get the following error.
We found a lot of stuff about such errors, but unfortunatly nobody wrote any
solution.
Is there a way to use tomahawk wihle configuring the framwork to server
statesaving?

thanks a lot for help,

cheers

ciscolos

/pages/start/actuell.jsfThe expected view was not returned for the view
identifier: /pages/start/actuell.jsf
+- Stack Trace

javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: /pages/start/actuell.jsfThe
expected view was not returned for the view identifier:
/pages/start/actuell.jsf
at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute(RestoreViewExecutor.java:88)
at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:103)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:76)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:148)
at
at
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:154)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:260)
at
org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:366)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:493)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:190)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)
at
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: Tomahawk + Facelets+ state_saving_method = server navigation problem

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.
Are your command links enclosed in a form ?

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:42 AM, ciscolos <ni...@lyth.de> wrote:

> Hi Simon
> thanks for your answer,
> no we dont use any cluster nether we're using load balancing. So do you
> have
> any other idea wich may solve our problem ?
>
> cheers
>

> ciscolos
>

> Simon Kitching wrote:
> >
> > ciscolos schrieb:
> >> Hi forum ,
> >>

> >> we're using Tomahawk 1.1.7 with Myfaces 1.2.4 and Facelets 1.1.14.After
> >> changing the context-param "javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD"  from
> client
> >> server. We're not able use command links any more. if we try to perform
> >> view action wich calls a bean we get the following error.
> >> We found a lot of stuff about such errors, but unfortunatly nobody wrote
> >> any
> >> solution.
> >> Is there a way to use tomahawk wihle configuring the framwork to server
> >> statesaving?
> >>

> >> thanks a lot for help,
> >>

> >> cheers
> >>

> >> ciscolos
> >>

> >> /pages/start/actuell.jsfThe expected view was not returned for the view
> >> identifier: /pages/start/actuell.jsf
> >> +- Stack Trace
> >>
> >> javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException:
> /pages/start/actuell.jsfThe
> >> expected view was not returned for the view identifier:
> >> /pages/start/actuell.jsf
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute(RestoreViewExecutor.java:88)
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:103)
> >>

> > It works fine for me. You must be doing something unusual with the
> > request somehow.
> >
> > Do you perhaps have a load-balancing system where requests are
> > redirected to a pool of servers? If so, then when using
> > server-side-state you will of course need to configure http-session
> > clustering.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Simon

Grant Smith

Re: Tomahawk + Facelets+ state_saving_method = server navigation problem

Posted by ciscolos <ni...@lyth.de>.
Hi Simon

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.