Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Cortez <mc...@fullcoll.edu> on 2002/05/06 03:29:14 UTC

Caching, Xindice, Aggregate

Now that I've solved my DocBook rendering problem, I'm getting a new
problem.

Approximately every other request fails with a null pointer exception.
Attached below is the full stack trace.

I noticed, combing through it that it was either trying to setup or use
caching, but my setup is using the Xindice access (which from the
documentation, I believed could not be cached.)  So is it possible that
cocoon is "trying" to cache or "use" a cache, but can't?

Is there a way to force caching off (so that I can test my hypothesis?)

Mike

============================
The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:

Exception during processing of cocoon://ogc-gen/Item13

More precisely:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during processing of
cocoon://ogc-gen/Item13: java.lang.NullPointerException
============================

Full stack trace:
============================
Original exception : java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.resolve(XSLTProcessorImp
l.java:428)
at com.icl.saxon.functions.Document.makeDoc(Document.java:201)
at com.icl.saxon.functions.Document.getDocuments(Document.java:134)
at com.icl.saxon.functions.Document.evaluate(Document.java:70)
at
com.icl.saxon.style.XSLGeneralVariable.getSelectValue(XSLGeneralVariable.jav
a:251)
at com.icl.saxon.style.XSLParam.process(XSLParam.java:65)
at com.icl.saxon.style.XSLStyleSheet.process(XSLStyleSheet.java:626)
at com.icl.saxon.Controller.transformDocument(Controller.java:1071)
at
com.icl.saxon.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java
:101)
at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:91)
at
com.icl.saxon.output.ContentHandlerProxy.endDocument(ContentHandlerProxy.jav
a:94)
at com.icl.saxon.output.ProxyEmitter.endDocument(ProxyEmitter.java:70)
at com.icl.saxon.output.GeneralOutputter.close(GeneralOutputter.java:693)
at com.icl.saxon.Controller.resetOutputDestination(Controller.java:437)
at com.icl.saxon.Controller.transformDocument(Controller.java:1082)
[...]
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ContentAggregator.generate(ContentAggregator.java:
157)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEv
entPipeline.java:251)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SitemapSource.toSAX(SitemapSource.java:3
51)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:142)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEv
entPipeline.java:251)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
treamPipeline.java:399)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.matchd0e1590(C:\tomcat4\work\localhost\co
coon\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:12260)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(C:\tomcat4\work\localhost\cocoon\
cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:3912)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(C:\tomcat4\work\localhost\cocoon\
cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:3127)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:222)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:154)

at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:998)
at
FilterChain.java:247)
at
ain.java:193)
at
va:243)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
va:201)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
java:170)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
:163)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
1011)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106
)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

RE: Caching, Xindice, Aggregate

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Michael Cortez [mailto:mcortez@fullcoll.edu]
>
> Now that I've solved my DocBook rendering problem, I'm getting a new
> problem.
>
> Approximately every other request fails with a null pointer exception.
> Attached below is the full stack trace.
>
> I noticed, combing through it that it was either trying to setup or
use
> caching, but my setup is using the Xindice access (which from the
> documentation, I believed could not be cached.)  So is it possible
that
> cocoon is "trying" to cache or "use" a cache, but can't?

Don't think so. You have document() function somewhere, and for some
reason, Cocoon failed to resolve the document:

> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.resolve(XSLTProcesso
rImp
> l.java:428)

What cocoon version do you have? Or, what is the version of the
XSLTProcessorImpl class? You can browse cvs.apache.org to see the source
of this class if you don't have src distro.

Vadim