Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shlomi Hazan <sh...@viber.com> on 2014/11/23 11:12:18 UTC

issues using the new 0.8.2 producer

Hi,
Started to dig into that new producer and have a few questions:
1. what part (if any) of the old producer config still apply to the new
producer or is it just what is specified on "New Producer Configs"?
2. how do you specify a partitioner to the new producer? if no such option,
what usage is made with the given key? is it simply hashed with Java's
String API?
3. the javadoc example (

ProducerRecord record = new ProducerRecord("the-topic", "key, "value");

) is incorrect and shows as if creating a producer record takes 3 strings
whereas it takes byte arrays for the last two arguments. will the final API
be the one documented or rather the one implemented?

I am really missing a working example for the new producer so if anyone has
one I will be happy to get inspired...
Shlomi

Re: issues using the new 0.8.2 producer

Posted by Shlomi Hazan <sh...@viber.com>.
All clear, Thank you.
I guess an example will be available when the version is released....
Shlomi

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.