Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stephen Nutbrown <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/16 18:27:04 UTC

Couldn't find bundle for base name orgapache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.IOCStrings, local en_US

Hi,

I have a T5 webapp which I am currently running using jetty on windows
which works as expected. I am building the project using maven and
running it using mvn jetty:run. However, I can (and have) tried
installing jetty and building it into a .war and deploying it that
way.

Whichever way I do it, on the Linux server I am able to see the home
page. When I then submit a form (the login form), I get an exception
which I don't get on Windows. I am really stuck trying to figure out
the problem. I would appreciate any guidance if possible.

I have previously ran T5 webapps on this server without a problem, but
the exception seems to suggest something about locale? This isn't a
project which was created by myself, but I have the job of moving it
to the linux server. I have been looking to see if there is any use of
"message:" but I cannot see anything which would suggest anything
dependant on a particular locale (Strings are just in the tml file).

Thanks,
Steve

Here is the trace:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /project/index.loginform. Reason:

    Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RecursiveServiceCreationCheckWrapper.createObject(RecursiveServiceCreationCheckWrapper.java:64)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackingObjectCreator$1.invoke(OperationTrackingObjectCreator.java:45)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:74)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.PerThreadOperationTracker.invoke(PerThreadOperationTracker.java:87)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.invoke(RegistryImpl.java:1124)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackingObjectCreator.createObject(OperationTrackingObjectCreator.java:49)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.obtainObjectFromCreator(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:66)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.createObject(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:54)
at $RequestExceptionHandler_122c7565f8ec3f.delegate(Unknown Source)
at $RequestExceptionHandler_122c7565f8ec3f.handleRequestException(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(RequestErrorFilter.java:42)
at $RequestHandler_122c7565f8ec42.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.java:902)
at $RequestHandler_122c7565f8ec42.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule.java:892)
at $RequestHandler_122c7565f8ec42.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticFilesFilter.java:90)
at $RequestHandler_122c7565f8ec42.service(Unknown Source)
at $RequestHandler_122c7565f8ec36.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$HttpServletRequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:253)
at org.apache.tapestry5.internal.gzip.GZipFilter.service(GZipFilter.java:53)
at $HttpServletRequestHandler_122c7565f8ec38.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.upload.internal.services.MultipartServletRequestFilter.service(MultipartServletRequestFilter.java:44)
at $HttpServletRequestHandler_122c7565f8ec38.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(IgnoredPathsFilter.java:62)
at $HttpServletRequestFilter_122c7565f8ec34.service(Unknown Source)
at $HttpServletRequestHandler_122c7565f8ec38.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$1.service(TapestryModule.java:852)
at $HttpServletRequestHandler_122c7565f8ec38.service(Unknown Source)
at $HttpServletRequestHandler_122c7565f8ec32.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:171)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1489)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:517)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:138)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:564)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:213)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1097)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:446)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1031)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:136)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:200)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:109)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:269)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:229)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.run(AbstractConnection.java:358)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:601)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:532)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for
base name org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.IOCStrings, locale en_US
at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1499)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1322)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1028)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.MessagesImpl.forClass(MessagesImpl.java:46)
at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.IOCMessages.<clinit>(IOCMessages.java:40)
... 51 more

Re: Couldn't find bundle for base name orgapache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.IOCStrings, local en_US

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.
Hi Stephen,

Another thing to note, are you running as a non-root user?  On linux,
opening a port < 1024 requires higher permissions.  I noticed your log said
jetty starting on port 80.

CM

Posted by Stephen Nutbrown <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Nutbrown <st...@gmail.com>.