Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com> on 2008/06/26 14:20:34 UTC

Sending stack trace from server to client

According to this posting:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2006/12/jaxws_ri_now_se.htm

...the JAX-WS reference implementation (Metro, I guess) has a facility
to include server-side stack trace
along with the SOAP Fault message. (maybe in the FaultDetail section?)
Is there a way to do this
in CXF?

Before someone asks - I don't intend to display stack traces in the
end-user UI -
the service consumer may also be a non-UI batch process and I want to
reduce the
degree of cross-host log file correlation required for trouble shooting.

Thanks,

   -Chris W.

Re: Sending stack trace from server to client

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Yea.   If you set a property of "faultStackTraceEnabled" on the
endpoint/server, it will output stack trace data.   It's the same way
as turning on schema validation so where ever those instructions are
apply to this as well.

Dan

On Jun 26, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Wolf, Chris (IT) wrote:

> According to this posting:
>
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2006/12/jaxws_ri_now_se.htm
>
> ...the JAX-WS reference implementation (Metro, I guess) has a facility
> to include server-side stack trace
> along with the SOAP Fault message. (maybe in the FaultDetail section?)
> Is there a way to do this
> in CXF?
>
> Before someone asks - I don't intend to display stack traces in the
> end-user UI -
> the service consumer may also be a non-UI batch process and I want to
> reduce the
> degree of cross-host log file correlation required for trouble
> shooting.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   -Chris W.
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.
> Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of
> this email is prohibited when received in error.

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog