Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Klaus-F. Kaal" <kl...@timologic.com> on 2005/03/08 00:58:17 UTC

Being lost in the mailing list

Hi,

I tired to get an answer to my serious questions for quite a while ( I
assume, if a question is not answered within a few days, it will be lost ).

This mailing-list did not react to my problems. Are there no
knowledgeable people out there? To connect Apache to Tomcat should not
be a real problem. I just need a little hint to be successful and - I
swear - to help other people with my knowledge. But I feel lost. Are
alle people circeling around "exotic" themes? Maybe someone just gives a
link where to ask for anwers.

Would be very kind and helful.

Klaus

------------- My previous questions

Hi,

I solved that problem. I had to implement this Listeners in server.xml:

      <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig" ^M
         modJk= "/usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_jk.so" ^M
         workersConfig= "/etc/apache2/workers2.properties" /> ^M

That did it. But still it is not working.

*SO HERE IS MY NEXT QUESTION:*

- Apache still seems to ignore my mod_jk.

_In my Tomcat log, I can see:_

INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
06.03.2005 00:54:10 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=5/43  config=/usr/tomcat/conf/jk2.properties

_I included my automatically created mod_jk.conf into the httpd.conf:_

Include /usr/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

This mod_jk.conf looks like this:

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module "/usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_jk.so"
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/etc/apache2/workers2.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel emerg

_The workers2.properties is here:_

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
worker=ajp13.localhost:8009

[uri:www.technologyserver.com/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

Apache and Tomcat are working fine, independently. But when I try to
call a JSP on port 80, Apache states that it cannot find the file.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks for your help.

Klaus

Klaus-F. Kaal schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I am about to interface Apache / Tomcat. At several places it is
> recommended to use the mod_jk.auto-conf in the tomcat/conf directory.
>
> I got Tomcat 5.0, but this version does not produce the file as
> described.
>
> Can anybody tell me how I can persuade Tomcat to produce this file.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Klaus

*Klaus-F. Kaal*
Geschäftsführer

*TIMO/logic/ GmbH*
Singener Str. 42d
D-78256 Steisslingen

phone +49 7738 97096
fax +49 7738 97094
web www.timologic.com <http://www.timologic.com/>
mail klaus.kaal@timologic.com <ma...@timologic.com>

Re: Being lost in the mailing list

Posted by Peter Johnson <pe...@wizardslair.net>.
Klaus,

Taking a tone with people gives you less chance of a response.

Are you doing any url rewriting in Apache?

PJ

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
There are plenty. You have to be patient. And yes you can get lost. I have
several times.

Now, where was I?????

Oh!

A few questions for you.