Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Parry, Alan" <Al...@hplb.hpl.hp.com> on 2001/08/29 16:20:58 UTC

Problem installing cocoon

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to java and cocoon and I'm having a bit of a problem
installing cocoon.

I get the following message when I try and run the build.sh script and I'm
unable to determine why.

./build.sh: CP=/home/oracle734/jdbc/lib/classes111.zip: is not an identifier

I've tried unsetting my classpath and also setting it to various other
things. All seem to return the same error.

I also tried to tweak some things and seen the following message, any ideas?

./build.sh: /home/alapar/Cocoon-2.0b2/bin/ant: No such file or directory

but it does exist!!

Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks,
	Alan Parry

Re: Problem installing cocoon

Posted by Raphaƫl Goulais <Ra...@fr.alcove.com>.
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Parry, Alan wrote:

> ./build.sh: CP=/home/oracle734/jdbc/lib/classes111.zip: is not an identifier

Please give us the command line you used to get this output :o)

> ./build.sh: /home/alapar/Cocoon-2.0b2/bin/ant: No such file or directory

I had this problem with the first version of cocoon2 I fetched. This is
due to dos formated files.

Try to run dos2unix on bin/ant and some other files (I don't remember,
sorry, I didi it by hand the first time).

Notice : I fetched the cvs version yesterday, and had no problems of that
sort. Seems to be fixed ...

Raphael