Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Guillaume Fort <gu...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/06 11:54:19 UTC

Phonetic Filter

Hello,

I would like to use the Phonetic Filter (v 4.2.1) for a French application
but it's seems like that filter and all the algorithms provided
(metaphone,soundex ...) are for English use only.

So here are my questions :

   - PhoneticFilter is it compatible for French use ?
   - If no, does an alternative exist ?

Thanks.

Re: Phonetic Filter

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the BeiderMorseFilterFactory perhaps?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.PhoneticFilterFactory

Here's a mention that it explicitly works for French:
http://docs.lucidworks.com/display/solr/Phonetic+Matching

But I admit there's not much here on _how_, it almost looks like it will
just work automatically.

Best
Erick